Millikin University seeks a Dean of First-Year Admission
responsible for managing the recruitment, admission, and enrollment
of all first-year domestic students. The Dean oversees day-to-day
operations of student recruitment and admission evaluation and
supervises a team of admission professionals conducting extensive
communications about the college search process, steps to
admission, as well as financial aid offerings. A successful dean
will exemplify exceptional commitment, motivation, ownership, high
energy, integrity, professional acumen, technological prowess,
issue analysis/resolution, and thoughtful and effective
Works with the VP for Enrollment and Marketing to design,
develop and execute strategic recruitment plans to increase
enrollment and retention of Millikin’s domestic first-year
- Be accountable for recruitment outcomes and success as well as
other University-wide initiatives as assigned.
- Oversees day-to-day operations of the Office of Admission’s
First-Year Recruitment Team.
- Hires, trains, develops, supervises, leads, motivates, and
manages an aggressive team of admission professionals to work
effectively and collaboratively to achieve strategic enrollment
- Oversees the daily progress of work, the implementation of best
practices, and the alignment of resources with departmental and
institutional needs and goals.
- Interacts with prospective first-year students and parents to
assist in resolving obstacles for enrollment.
- Responsible for ensuring timely completion, collection, and
submission of student documentation from inquiry to matriculation.
Ensures all students have all required documents completed and
submitted prior to the start of classes.
- Utilizes data to inform strategic decisions, monitors territory
development, refines travel planning, and offers day-to-day
- Employs and understands financial aid leveraging and assist in
refining financial aid strategies to intentionally shape the
- Strengthens brand awareness and ensures communication of
Millikin’s brand to prospective students.
- Serves as a strategic partner to and regularly communicates
with the Athletic Department regarding the recruitment and
enrollment of student-athletes.
- Serves as a strong partner to faculty in the recruitment of
first-year students, learning and understanding Millkin academic
offerings and culture, and leading faculty engagement in the
- Works in collaboration with the Director of Events and
Operations to coordinate in-person, virtual and/or off-campus
events focused on increasing student interest in Millikin.
Other duties as assigned by the Vice President for
Enrollment and Marketing.
A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of seven years of
progressive admission experience is required. A Master’s Degree is
- Evidence of success in:
- Recruitment and enrollment
- Leadership and management
- Staff development and training
- Enrollment planning and data analysis
- Verbal and written communication
- Relationship Development
- Use of enrollment technologies
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and
contact information of three professional references to
millikin.edu/employment. Review of applications will begin
immediately and continue until the position is filled. Employment
and first day of work is contingent upon successful completion of a
background check. Millikin University is an equal opportunity
employer. Candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups in
this field are encouraged to apply. Beyond meeting fully its legal
obligations for non-discrimination, Millikin University is
committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where
members from all backgrounds can live, learn, and thrive. Millikin
offers a competitive salary and full benefit package, including
eligibility for tuition waiver.