ATHLETICS VIDEO PRODUCTION COORDINATOR
ATHLETICS VIDEO PRODUCTION COORDINATOR
Posting Number: SRGV5097
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Scope of Job:
Responsible for planning and coordinating all video and related production efforts for the Athletics department. Serves as the creative video content provider for the department, which involves collaborating with media relations, marketing and advertising teams to increase exposure and promote the Athletics department.
Description of Duties:
• Conceptualizes, produces, and edits video content for the Athletics department TV, web and scoreboard properties including, but not limited to, introduction videos, highlight packages, fundraising/marketing slides and videos, Public Service Announcements, and other special events, while following established university guidelines.
• Shoots, edits, and uploads video to the TV stations and creates all necessary graphics and animation for each episode.
• Creates multimedia content, including motion graphics for in-game video board, TV and web properties.
• Runs video board control room and/or tricaster for broadcast purposes on game day.
• Collaborates with media relations team to identify and produce storyboards related to video content.
• Responsible for serving as producer for all athletic broadcasts and creating feature stories to run at intermission of broadcasts.
• Collaborates with marketing team to enhance game experience and in-game promotions for fans and supporters.
• Hires and oversees video board and camera staff for game day; oversees student contributors.
• May assist with advertising and collateral material production, such as ads (e.g., newspaper, billboard, radio, TV, online), splash pages, game programs, pocket schedules, poster schedules, magnet schedules and other related materials.
• May establish a consistent graphic identity across all department communication and materials based on specific instructions.
• Maintains all media related equipment, facilities, and supplies.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned support staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in Communications, Marketing or closely related field.
• One (1) year experience in video production, or closely related experience in the specific field.
• Or required experience may be accepted in lieu of education on a 1 to 1 basis.
Knowledge of and experience using video and ribbon board technology.
Use of standard office equipment. Operates video production equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; constant travel and weekend work is required.
Knowledge of video production from determining story line to screen the final product. Ability to manage multiple projects. Knowledge of broadcast and print promotion, advertising and public relations techniques and standards. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficiency with graphics editing software.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 06/03/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/28594