Director of Summer and Intersession Programs
Director of Summer and Intersession Programs
Office of the Provost
Serve as the primary person responsible for the design and implementation of a robust portfolio of summer and intersession programs, including credit-bearing and non-credit bearing offerings. These programs are offered to a wide audience of students, including Adelphi students (graduate and undergraduate), high school students, visiting students, adult learners, and others. The Director will work closely with other departments at Adelphi to coordinate the creation of curricula, ensure availability of teaching resources, make strategic use of facilities, oversee programming logistics and collaborate on student recruiting efforts.
REPORTS TO: Assistant Provost for Innovation
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Summer Pre-college Programs:
- Design, launch, and coordinate all summer pre-college programs.
- Create new offerings, for-credit and non-credit, virtual and in-person, that will attract a large number of students and strengthen Adelphi's reputation.
- Plan and execute recruitment strategies, in collaboration with University Admissions, from high schools and other channels including social media, clubs such as VEI, DECA and others.
- Craft a comprehensive academic and social program to guarantee an excellent experience for student participants.
- Develop a follow-up system to promote continuous engagement that might lead to full time enrollment at Adelphi.
For all the programs above, the Director will:
- Design programming and reputational strategies, format and propose pricing strategies, and drive revenue growth during summer and intersessions.
- Work with University Communications and Marketing to support recruitment including web page content, social media, and digital efforts.
- Be present and on call for campus duties during the summer and intersession pre-college programs that are actively running.
- Oversee the administration and budget of the Adelphi summer and intersession portfolio of programs.
- Oversee faculty budgeting, staffing, course scheduling, residence hall and food accommodations, travel arrangements, guest speakers, tickets to events, and all other operational activities required for all summer and intersession programs.
- Plan, schedule, execute and coordinate tasks, assuring that all parties involved are completing duties as expected.
- Engage with faculty from different schools and colleges to coordinate execution of the credit and non-credit bearing offerings.
- Regularly collect feedback and make strategic recommendations for future pivots and improvements.
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Professional experience in a University setting.
- Significant experience in Project Management.
- Superior interpersonal skills and a strong desire to engage with students.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Experience in budgeting and planning.
- Experience working with or counseling high school and/or college students.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Excel and Social Media.
- Ability to work extended and non-traditional hours as needed.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Master's degree required.
- At least three years of experience in higher education.
- Experience in summer and intersession programs, or continuing education programs is preferred.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2558