Faculty, Dental Hygiene
Faculty, Dental Hygiene
Compensation: Faculty Entry Salary
PeopleSoft ID: 4444
Formal review of applications begins: Jun 21, 2021
Department: College of Health Sciences
Location: Health Education Center
Key Position Information:
- Experienced in current dental hygiene protocol.
- Must possess a current Florida dental hygiene license.
- Five years of experience as a practicing dental hygienist.
- Three years of experience in instruction or management positions.
- Experience working with community dental partners.
- Experience with working with dental practice management programs in clinical settings.
- Experience with scheduling of employees and staff.
- Teaching experience with preferred knowledge of instructional technology.
A faculty member at SPC has the primary function of instruction, coaching and student development. Secondary functions include assisting the college in developing and maintaining a quality program of instruction, providing service to the college and continuing professional development.
Master's degree or applicable college degree in related academic discipline. Doctorate degree preferred.
Teaching experience preferred. Related work experience preferred for technical programs.
- Managerial principles and practices
- Academic program requirements
- Customer service principles
- Presentation principles and practices
- Diverse populations and cultures
- Computers and related software applications
- Experience in online instruction or technology enhanced instruction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Using a computer and related software applications
- Fosters academic excellence in teaching and learning
- Supports the community college philosophy through commitment to success of students with diverse goals, backgrounds and learning styles
- Instructs students in accordance with college policies, procedures and approved curricula
- Uses out-of-class duty hours effectively for class preparation, assisting students and participating in department/college activities
- Serves the college through any of the following: (a) committee membership, (b) curriculum development, (c) development of innovative instruction, (d) sponsorship of student organizations, (e) representation of the college in professionally related community activities, and (f) special projects
- Supports college extracurricular functions
- Maintains currency in teaching field(s) through professional development and scholarly activities
- Demonstrates a professional, cooperative and considerate attitude toward students, colleagues and staff
- Performs related duties as required
To apply, visit https://web.spcollege.edu/hrapp/job/4444
The Board of Trustees of St. Petersburg College affirms its equal opportunity policy in accordance with the provisions of the Florida Educational Equity Act and all other relevant state and federal laws, rules and regulations. The college will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or against any qualified individual with disabilities in its employment practices or in the admission and treatment of students. Recognizing that sexual harassment constitutes discrimination on the basis of sex and violates this Rule, the college will not tolerate such conduct. Should you experience such behavior, please contact Pamela Smith, the director of EA/EO/Title IX Coordinator at 727-341-3261; by mail at P.O. Box 13489, St. Petersburg, FL 33733-3489; or by email at email@example.com.