The Administrative Coordinator will assist in the review, processing and management of all contracts for the University working collaboratively with the University community and the Director of Contract Management to ensure contracts are prepared consistent with University policies and procedures. The Administrative Coordinator will manage maintenance and development of enhancements to the Contract Management system. The Administrative Coordinator will also provide training and support to University staff regarding the Contract Management system, automated contract drafting, and other functionality included on the Contract Management webpage. The Administrative Coordinator will also provide support and assistance as needed in other areas handled in the department which include varied issues and tasks that arise, maintenance of the insurance and incident report databases, preparation of Certificates of Insurance, other databases created and supported by Contract Management and special projects, as needed.
REPORTS TO: Director of Contract Management and Director of Financial Operations and Associate Vice President
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Review contracts input in the Contract Management system to ensure necessary information and documentation has been provided.
- Monitor approval process and provide follow up when needed to complete the necessary approvals so the contracts can progress through the contract management process.
- Monitor collection of required contract documents - Certificates of Insurance, Execution Copies, Distribute execution counterparts.
- Review contracts submitted on University standard templates for any deviations and, if there are none, process the contracts for signature after the approvals have been confirmed.
- Maintain records and documents by scanning and adding executed agreements to contract database or other solution.
- Maintain the quality and integrity of contract management database and ensure that all contracts area accurately reflected in application or database.
- Generate reporting from database regarding pending, executed and expiring agreements for participating units and follow up with appropriate internal parties to determine if contracts are to be renewed or terminated.
- Support activities to renew or extend existing contracts using standard format and defined processes.
- Provide maintenance, support and development of enhancements for the Contract Management system.
- Provide training and support for users of the Contract Management system and automated inquiries and contract drafting functionalities available on the Contract Management webpage.
- Maintain and support the insurance policy and incident report databases, as well as other databases created and/or maintained by the Contract Management team.
- Continue to seek ways to make duties handled by the Contract Management team more efficient and user friendly
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of databases with repositories of information with reporting to facilitate timely updates/renewals as needed.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Good organizational skills with an ability to multi-task as well as prioritize workload according to volume, urgency, etc.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently on defined tasks.
- Good interpersonal skills and experience working with various stakeholder groups in a collaborative environment.
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Strong computer skills for using Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Smartsheet, Email, and where necessary, to conduct internet research.
- Experience administering contract management process helpful.
- Understanding of legal terms and conditions typical in contract documents.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated commitment to building community, embracing diversity and vigorously promoting equity and inclusion.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, energy, sincerity, self‐confidence, a “can‐do” and enabling attitude, combined with patience, perseverance, the ability to deal constructively with conflict and criticism, and a good sense of humor.
- The highest degree of personal integrity.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Some legal, risk, automated databases (Smartsheet) and contract knowledge/training is helpful.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving almost 8,000 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers more than 60 undergraduate programs, more than 65 master's degree and doctoral programs, and more than 35 certificate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 116,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 43 states and 64 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.
To apply, visit https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=39&rid=2555