Vice President for External Relations
Vice President for External Relations
The Vice President for External Relations manages the functional areas of Development & University Relations, Communications and Brand Marketing, and Athletics. The opportunity exists for reorganization of these functional areas. The governing managerial philosophy of the University is collegial decision making. Position reports directly to the University President.
This position is considered a “Responsible Employee” under Title IX federal regulations and “Mandatory Reporter” under Texas state law and the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy. As a Mandatory Reporter, this position requires you as the employee to promptly report any incident that you witness or receive information about violating Title IX. These reporting responsibilities are set out in the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Excellent supervision, leadership, team building, and negotiating skills with ability to delegate, motivate, and inspire team members.
• Ability to handle a variety of matters that may arise at a private institution of higher education with academic complexity that includes a high school, international campuses, and domestic traditional programs, professional medical programs, and on-line and adult education programs.
• Demonstrated progressive management responsibilities at the executive level.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of financial matters, cost/fund accounting, and marketing/sales theory.
• Understanding and appreciation of the role of intercollegiate athletics in the life of a University.
• Understanding of media relations and communications.
• Substantial experience and understanding of financial planning and fundraising skills.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize data, establish priorities, develop and participate in service area social networks, design and produce publications, oversee the solicitation of gifts from foundations, corporations and organizations.
• Strong interpersonal skills, judgment, and demonstrated ability to communicate well with a broad range of persons on a broad range of issues.
• Ability to balance with ease and calm multiple and competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to serve as a trusted advisor who effectively partners with a broad range of constituents on a wide variety of complex and strategic issues.
• Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
• Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA.
Required Work Experience
• Ten years of executive level leadership experience in education, foundations, or non-profit entities, including managing multiple divisions.
• Ten years of experience in developing plans for growth to increase revenue
• Direct experience in executing fundraising and/or financial strategy.
• Progressive management of personnel leading to executive level management.
• Master’s Degree.
• Prior employment in higher education or non-profit entities.
• Successful leadership and/or meaningful involvement with major capital, endowment and/or scholarship campaigns.
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
Typical of executive leadership.
Posting Number: CA040PO
Job Category: Contract Administrator
Desired Start Date: 07/01/2021
Position End Date (if temporary):
Reports To: University President
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Open Date: 05/19/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
To apply, visit https://jobs.uiw.edu/postings/16493
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, pregnancy, and religion.