Director of Nursing
MOTLOW STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
is accepting applications for the following position:
Director of Nursing
Position number: B99729
Motlow State is the fastest growing college in Tennessee. We are located in the beautiful rolling hills of middle Tennessee and have four campuses that serve students from eleven counties. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes an excellent retirement package from the state of Tennessee, 401K plan with match, thirteen paid annual holidays in addition to annual and sick leave days, health and dental insurance, tuition discounts, and state employee discounts. Motlow positions are contingent upon funding availability and budget approval.
Position Function / Summary:
This position oversees the day to day operations of the Department of Nursing. Ensures compliance with TBON, SACSCOC, ACEN statutes, rules and standards.
Master’s Degree with a major in nursing from an accredited college or university. Current license as a professional nurse in the State of Tennessee. Three years of experience in full-time teaching and/or administrative positions in an approved school of professional nursing.
Previous community college teaching experience
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Coordinates clinical placements with clinical agencies, serving as the point of contact for student, faculty or agency concerns. Serves as TCPS primary liaison. Completes nursing student clinical scheduling.
· Ensures currency on clinical requirements for full- and part-time nursing faculty and students. Arranges student and faculty orientation to clinical sites. Sends and collects clinical agency evaluations of the Motlow nursing program each semester and helps with the analysis
· Visits and evaluates potential and/or established clinical sites.
· Ensures compliance with TBON, SACSCOC, ACEN statutes, rules and standards including all administrative, program publications and reporting requirements.
· Serves as point of contact for student or faculty program concerns
· Oversees nursing student course evaluations and adjunct faculty clinical evaluations each semester. Assists clinical faculty with student remediation
· Performs Program onboarding of new full- and part-time faculty including mentoring in clinical and skills issues and teaches concept mapping, clinical expectations and nursing assessment assignments.
· Oversees the nursing program admissions and graduation processes.
· Other Duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range
of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
· Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
· Strong computer skills, to include database management, word processing,
creating spreadsheets, e-mail, and the internet.
· Knowledge of FERPA and title IX statutes
· Skill in analyzing and evaluating various policy and nursing related issues
· Knowledge and understanding of accreditation processes in higher education and
nursing including TBON, SACSCOC and ACEN
Human Resources Office, Dept. 200
Motlow State Community College
Telephone (931) 393-1592, TDD (931 393-1621)
Motlow College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Sections 504/ADA Employer
Motlow State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Dickel
- Health & Medicine Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Dickel
- Nursing Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Dickel
- Executive Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Dickel
- Other Executive Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Dickel