Research Assistant, Professional Service Specialist 4 (CMSRU Camden)
We are seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of part-time Laboratory Technician in the Department of Biomedical Sciences at Cooper Medical School of Rowan University. The overarching theme of the laboratory is the pharmacology of cannabinoid (marijuana-like) receptors and signaling pathways.
Qualifications: Applicants must have a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, microbiology, cellular biology, or any related biological science. Prior laboratory experience in basic cellular or molecular biology is preferred.
Specific duties will initially include cell culture experiments, cellular transfections including siRNAi and viral vectors, qRTPCR, validating newly designed antibodies, Western blots, immunoprecipitation, and a series of pharmacological experiments in cell culture. In addition, preparing laboratory reagents and media, cleaning/autoclaving glassware, and training new laboratory members will be required. We are looking for someone committed to learning and working as part of a highly collaborative team to contribute to meaningful microbiological research.
The responsibilities will also include at some point, but not limited to: assist PI with small animal surgeries and pharmacological data acquisition; participate in pre and postoperative monitoring of the laboratory animals; perform tissue sample collection and their processing into tissue freezing medium; conduct histological and immunohistochemical staining under the PI guidance; assist PI with light and fluorescence microscopy; perform other general laboratory duties.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US, and the university will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for this position.
In addition to the responsibilities highlighted above, the job responsibilities will include:
- Maintains appropriate lab notebooks and updates the chemical and reactive database
- Validates custom antibodies
- Perform immunoprecipitation experiments
- Aids in protein purification from brain samples when needed
- Coordinates multiple tasks with team members to provide needed supplies and assistance
- Maintains glassware by washing, autoclaving, and distributing.
- Assists with inventory management of supplies by placing orders and verifying receipt
- Maintains laboratory stocks and prepares solutions and media as needed
- Attends training sessions, seminars, and lab meetings to expand knowledge of research and laboratory techniques
- Helps analyze data, and prepares tables, charts or graphs as needed
- Helps train new lab members, including undergraduates, masters, PhD or medical students and Cooper University Hospital residents.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Camden
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Camden
- Pharmacology Not specified Full Time jobs in Camden
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Camden
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Camden