Associate Vice President for Financial Services
ABOUT MGH INSTITUTE:
MGH Institute of Health Professions is a graduate school in Boston that provides entry-level and post-professional programs in Nursing, Communication Sciences and Disorders, Genetic Counseling, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Physician Assistant Studies. The PhD in Rehabilitation Sciences and a PhD and Master of Science in Health Professions Education have been added in recent years to meet rising demand for highly educated health care professionals, educators, and researchers. Integrating classroom learning with research and clinical experience, the Institute grants doctoral degrees, master's degrees, awards certificates of advanced study, and offers continuing education to practicing professionals.
The IHP is the only degree-granting affiliate in Mass General Brigham (MGB), the largest private employer in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The Institute has been recognized multiple times by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a “Great College to Work For.” A leading health sciences educational institution, MGH Institute provides students with outstanding academic programs, many of which are ranked among the best in the nation.
MGH Institute of Health Professions has announced an organization-wide anti-racism initiative to think boldly about race and bring together all members of the IHP community to address systemic racial injustice as well as oppression more broadly. The plan seeks to create a supportive and inclusive campus environment and better support the diverse communities the school serves. We are excited about this new initiative and are hiring employees who are committed to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion and will contribute to our anti-racism and anti-oppression approach.
Reporting to Vice President for Finance and Administration, the Associate Vice President for Financial Services provides overall leadership for the Financial Services Department. Directs accounting, budgeting and financial planning and reporting processes consistent with Institute strategic plans. Provide comprehensive financial reports, multi-year projections, and other financial analytics. Develops and communicates financial policies and procedures to users. Ensure financial requirements for grants are coordinated with the Institute Research Office. Oversees planning and analyses for the annual general audit, A-133 audit and internal audits.
- 50% Lead and direct the accounting, budgeting, financial planning and reporting activities of the Institute. Maintain effective processes to delegate, schedule and review work of the Finance Services Department staff. Ensure that the Institute’s monthly and year–end close process produce accurate and reliable financial statements and forecasts. Effectively plan annual budgets and multi-year projections that support the Institute's mission and strategic goals. Identify, plan and coordinate information requirements with Institute programs, departments, Mass General Hospital, and Mass General Brigham (MGB) Finance. Provide timely financial reports for programs and departments. Develop financial requirements and strategies to integrate financial data across systems, including Adaptive Insights, Ellucian, and PeopleSoft. Coordinate financial team’s participation in projects to meet identified needs.
- 10% Support Institute accounting and reporting requirements for grants and contracts. Monitor and evaluate monthly revenue, expenses and receivables for all Institute grants and contacts. Coordinate work with the Institute Research Office.
- 20% Maintain website for accounting and budget policies, procedures, forms, financial data and other tools. Ensure that information is current and accurate.
- 10% Lead planning and preparation for the A-133 audit and internal audits with Institute departments and programs. Support MGB Finance in their planning and preparation of the general audit for the external auditors.
- 10% Provides cross-team training for key functions within the Financial Services Department. Support projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with major in accounting or closely related field; Master’s Degree preferred; CPA preferred.
- Demonstrated experience leading people and teams is required.
- 7-10 years of proven finance experience in a higher education environment within a college or university setting strongly preferred.
- Analytical experience, knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and the ability to work independently is required. Sophisticated math proficiency is required.
- Ability to reliably communicate and project a positive image.
- Ability to handle critical situations and confidential information.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and able to take initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including significant customer service orientation.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adaptive Insights, Ellucian and Peoplesoft financial systems is preferred.
The application review process will begin immediately and will continue until Friday, June 25, 2021. Priority will be given to candidates who apply by this deadline. We will continue accepting applications until the role is filled. A cover letter and CV is required in order to be considered. Please apply online by clicking on the following link www.mghihp.edu/job-search. The job ID 3158361.
The MGH Institute of Health Professions is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We welcome nominations and applications from individuals who would bring diversity of experience, thought and practice to the Institute’s research, teaching and clinical missions. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Boston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Boston
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Boston
- Executive Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Boston
- Other Executive Administrative Competitive Full Time jobs in Boston