Chief Marketing & Communications Officer
McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin is a top business school at the center of one of the most innovative cities in the U.S. The McCombs community champions hands-on experiences alongside the ground-breaking research and thought-leadership of a world-class faculty. The collaborative spirit and enterprising drive of the Longhorn alumni network, one of the largest university networks in the world, is embedded in the culture at McCombs, making the school human-centered and future-focused in all its endeavors. McCombs shapes those who will shape tomorrow and solves challenging problems while remaining committed to creating a community that is diverse, supportive, and inclusive. What starts at McCombs really does change the world. For more information about the McCombs School of Business please visit https://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/
Chief Marketing & Communications Officer
Reporting to the dean, the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer (CMCO) is a transformational, executive-level leadership position overseeing the brand, marketing, and communications strategy for the McCombs School of Business. The CMCO is a key partner for the dean and senior leadership and an important leader within the School and University, working to champion efforts to align and expand the marketing portfolio in support of the strategic plan, brand position, and market needs.
The CMCO is charged with developing and implementing a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy for the McCombs School of Business that integrates and complements the efforts of the marketing team, degree programs, departments, and centers; supports the McCombs strategic plan and academic mission; and reinforces the School’s brand position: Human centered. Future focused, sustaining its alignment with the University’s overarching brand, which is built on the statement “What starts here changes the world.”
The Chief Marketing and Communications Officer will be an experienced marketing professional who is excited by the power of a brand, values marketing technology, understands the importance of tracking KPIs, and will be ready to join a dynamic and meaningful organization. They will bring expertise in marketing, brand management, communications, and digital strategy, and will be a strong team player who is calm under pressure and resilient in the face of obstacles. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and leadership skills and a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout their career.
Required experiences and abilities include:
- Leading digital transformation; building and implementing marketing technology and capabilities to enable digital channels and experiences;
- Using data and analytics to drive decision-making and inform constituent experiences;
- Collaborating with and representing the varied interests of complex, diverse stakeholders;
- Leading through influence and bringing people to the table in support of the marketing and communications strategy and agenda;
- Achieving goals with limited resources and operating in a complicated, decentralized environment;
- Orchestrating an evolving set of complex objectives and initiatives and supporting objectives through effective change management;
- Identifying, acquiring, and developing talent, providing opportunities for career growth and capability expansion;
- Management, preferably including building and managing diverse and inclusive teams of 10+ staff;
- Budget oversight, preferably in situations in which there are limited resources.
A broad range of marketing and communications experiences is ideal, including but not limited to both higher education and industry roles in complex, matrixed organizations. An advanced degree in marketing or business, or other relevant education and experience, is required.
The McCombs School of Business has engaged Opus Partners (www.opuspartners.net) to support the recruitment of this position. Craig Smith, Partner, and Sarah Gaines, Associate Partner, are managing the search with support from Thomas Lapierre, Senior Associate. Applicants are invited to email a PDF containing their resume and a brief letter describing their interest and qualifications to Thomas via firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position has been filled. Applications received by July 1 are guaranteed consideration.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the McCombs School of Business believes that diversity in its faculty, student, and staff populations is integral to its core purpose of educating leaders who create value for society. McCombs welcomes applicants from under-represented groups and those who can demonstrate a commitment to inclusion.
Apply for Chief Marketing & Communications Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin
- Communications Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin
- Other Communications Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin
- Executive Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin
- Other Executive Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Austin