Social Sciences and Education Librarian
The University of Central Florida invites applications from enthusiastic individuals to serve as liaison to identified areas in Social Sciences and Education. Areas of focus within the Social Sciences and Education will be determined based on qualifications and experience of the successful candidate. This position is situated in the Research and Information Services department and reports to that department head. The incumbent will be the library's primary point of contact with faculty, staff, and students within assigned departments, and will support general reference services, in both virtual and face-to-face settings.
The position plays a key role in the educational mission of UCF by providing high quality library services to students and faculty. The liaison librarian will develop creative strategies to understand the information needs of faculty, staff, and students in assigned areas, and actively engage in outreach to sustain strong, consistent, and effective communications between the library, its affiliated programs, and assigned areas.
- Proactively develop relationships with faculty, staff,and students in assigned areas to understand and support their diverse teaching, learning, or research needs;
- Ensure awareness of library services and collections through active outreach and engagement;
- Conduct one-on-one and small group research consultations for faculty and students;
- Design and deliver instruction, including online instructional materials, and provide other curricular support;
- Create and maintain guides, tutorials, and other resources;
- Build and maintain relevant print and electronic collections to support the teaching, learning, and research needs of students and faculty in assigned subject area;
- Provide reference support, both face-to-face and virtually;
- Work collegially with other liaison librarians, other library departments, and related University units to promote and deliver library services;
- Engage in research, scholarship, or creative activity through publication, presentation, and other outlets;
- Serve the institution and the profession through involvement in professional organizations and through cooperative efforts with other professionals and institutions.
- Master’s degree from an American Library Association-accredited institution.
- Academic background or advanced degree in the social sciences or education;
- Knowledge of social science and education information sources and data services;
- Academic library experience;
- Experience or coursework on instructional methods;
- Experience with analysis of subject-area library collections and resources in support of accreditation visits, periodic academic program reviews, or new academic degree proposals;
- Demonstrated interest in and ability to work in a diverse environment and meet the learning needs of a diverse student body;
- Experience with pertinent software and applications, including Canvas or similar LMS, LibGuides, spreadsheets, and tutorial software;
- Demonstrated aptitude for teamwork and history of collegiality;
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Evidence of ability to engage in research, publication, and service.
Environment: With more than 71,000 students, the University of Central Florida is the largest university by enrollment in Florida and one of the largest universities in the nation, offering 103 bachelor’s, 91 master’s, and 34 doctoral programs. UCF is proud to be recognized as one of the most ethnically and culturally rich college campuses in the United States. Nearly a quarter of UCF undergraduates are first in their family to attend college, and nearly half of the students are from underrepresented groups. UCF is one of only 14 universities nationwide that has both the Carnegie Classification of very high research and the United States Department of Education designation as a Hispanic-serving institution.
The UCF Libraries houses a collection of more than 2.1 million volumes, 220,000 e-books, and 54,000 serials and is a partial depository for government documents and patents. The library materials budget is approximately $7 million. Full-time staffing of 110 includes forty-six faculty librarians. For more information about the UCF Libraries see http://library.ucf.edu
Salary and Rank: Commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a full-time, non-tenure track faculty position with insurance and retirement benefits, paid annual and sick days, holidays, and no state income tax.
To Apply: UCF requires all applications and supporting documents be submitted electronically through the Human Resources website https://jobs.ucf.edu/cw/en-us/job/500542 Completion of the online application for job number 500542 is required by the close date of July 1, 2021. In addition to the online application, interested candidates should upload a signed cover letter, a full curriculum vitae, and contact information for three current professional references. Questions regarding this search may be directed to the search chair, Rich Gause, email@example.com .
Please have all documents ready when applying so they can be attached at that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents later.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF’s Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Alafaya
- Professional Fields Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Alafaya
- Library & Information Sciences Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Alafaya
- Administrative Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Alafaya
- Academic Affairs Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Alafaya