SALARY: $47,973.00.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 6/3/2021
CLOSING DATE: 6/24/2021 11:59 PM
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Maintenance
REPORTS TO: Grounds Manager
1. Inspects and reports the need for grounds work on the College campus.
2. Operates all equipment such as lawnmowers, snow blowers, weed eaters, snowplow, tractor, backhoe, truck, etc.
3. Reports equipment needing repairs and performs repairs mechanical maintenance on equipment, including periodic maintenance, diagnosis, and repair.
4. Collects trash and recyclable materials and polices the entire campus for trash and debris.
5. Prepares and applies pesticides and fertilizer.
6. Performs landscaping duties, including the installation, care, and maintenance of trees/shrubbery, plants, etc. such as pruning, trimming, removal, and planting; application of mulch and stone to plant beds; lawn maintenance and turf development duties including topdressing and seeding, areothatching of turf on lawn areas; maintenance and renovations of athletic fields; and fall leave removal duties.
7. Performs campus-wide snow and ice removal operations. Operates all related snow removal equipment and applies ice treatment materials to address unsafe areas for both pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
8. Provides for the maintenance of grounds fixtures (benches, hydrants, signs, fences, hardscapes, etc.), walkways, and roadways located on campus, including the power washing of building exteriors and infrastructure.
9. Performs line painting on campus roadways, crosswalks, parking lots, and athletic fields.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• NJ Pesticide License 13; 3A; 3B
• Three years of experience in landscape work, grounds operations, and/or nursery experience
• Able to lift 80 lbs. and work in extreme weather conditions for the removal of snow/ice, storm damage and flood cleanup as well as extreme heat conditions
• Valid New Jersey Driver’s License, with an ability to drive manual transmission
• Has full understanding of all grounds-related duties and can successfully perform all the principal responsibilities
• Ability to operate all departmental equipment including a backhoe/loader
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
RETIREMENT PLAN: Pension Eligible
Any Middlesex College employee hired after September 1, 2011 will have to meet the New Jersey residency law requirement.