Electrician - Classification Mechanic I
SALARY: $53,878.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 6/3/2021
CLOSING DATE: 6/24/2021 11:59 p.m.
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Maintenance
REPORTS TO: Assistant Director, Buildings and Systems
Under direct supervision, assists in the repair and maintenance of assigned areas primarily for electrical systems.
1. Install conduit, branch circuit, and main feeder conductors VFDs, motor starters, motors, and transformers as well troubleshooting and repair of electrical circuits, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment in 120/208, 120/240 & 277/480 voltage applications utilizing lock-out/tag-out procedures.
2. Safely utilizes department equipment such as hand tools, meters, scissor lifts, boom lifts, ladders, and scaffolding while repairing or performed preventative maintenance on electrical equipment, lighting, panels and distribution systems.
3. Interprets verbal instructions, plans, diagrams, blueprints, manuals, schematics, product instructions, and codes to layout, install, or estimate materials needed.
4. Assists with the repairs and maintenance of electrical, mechanical/plumbing systems or fixtures, or equipment as well as grounds equipment and automotive repair.
5. Performs minor carpentry and painting work in the repair construction/renovation of facilities, furniture, and fixtures. Performs minor landscape construction and grounds maintenance.
6. Assists in the selection of tools and equipment to perform assigned tasks.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 5 years’ verifiable employment experience in industrial commercial as an electrician
• Trade School/Apprenticeship Certificate
• NJ Qualified Journeyman Electrician or NJ Licensed Electrician
• Thorough knowledge and field experience of electrical theory, methods and materials
• Ability to lift and move heavy equipment and materials
SCHEDULE: First Shift: 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Any Middlesex College employee hired after September 1, 2011 will have to meet the New Jersey residency law requirement.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Edison
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Edison
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Edison
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Edison
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Edison