The Department of Biology in the College of Arts and Sciences at American University invites applications for a term faculty appointment for Academic Year 2021-2022. The appointment is a 9-month term position, at the level of Professorial Lecturer, and will commence August 30, 2021.
The position will require the incumbent to teach three courses (or course equivalents, in the case of labs) each semester (fall and spring). All faculty are expected to hold office hours and participate in School and University activities and service. Teaching responsibilities will include an upper-level lecture and laboratory course in Genetics, as well as first year general biology labs. Opportunities will be provided for course development within the curriculum of the Biology department and for teaching beyond these specific courses.
Candidates from demographic backgrounds traditionally underrepresented among science faculty are particularly encouraged to apply.
Salary is competitive.
Applicants should hold a Ph.D. in the biological sciences with preference given to applicants with expertise in Genetics, Genomics, or Cellular and Molecular Biology. The successful candidate will be prepared to teach, advise, and mentor students and has demonstrated excellence in teaching and scholarship (which could be research and/or pedagogical).
Review of applications will begin on June 28, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants should submit:
- A brief cover letter summarizing your qualifications for this position
- Curriculum vitae
- 3 letters of reference uploaded directly from the referees
- A teaching portfolio, not to exceed 5 pages, including
- a teaching philosophy statement
- a diversity statement explaining how diversity fits into your teaching and mentoring
- may include sample syllabi, exemplary activities or assessments and/or teaching evaluations
Please contact Dr. John Bracht, Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com if you have any questions.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Humanities Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Philosophy Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.