We are excited to accept applications for a new Finance Coordinator position in our Finance Department! As the Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES) team continues to grow, we have found a need for this new addition. Our objective is to facilitate research by providing high-quality pre-award and post-award administrative support to CIRES faculty and research employees. We collaborate with CU’s central offices to coordinate our research administration services which encompass all financial aspects of sponsored and non- sponsored funding for the Institute. As one of our financial administrators, you will provide professional post-award support services to CIRES Principal Investigators and research personnel. You will interact with CIRES staff and work closely with CU’s Procurement Service Center, Office of Contracts and Grants, the Campus Controller’s Office, the Research & Innovation Office, various other departments on campus, and numerous external funding agencies. We will cross-train you in a variety of functions related to sponsored project post-award management.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
At CIRES, the Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences, more than 800 environmental scientists work to understand the dynamic Earth system, including people’s relationship with the planet. CIRES is a partnership of NOAA and the University of Colorado Boulder, and our areas of expertise include weather and climate, changes at the Earth’s poles, air quality and atmospheric chemistry, water resources, and solid Earth sciences. Our vision is to be instrumental in ensuring a sustainable future environment by advancing scientific and societal understanding of the Earth system.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Perform post-award duties including setting up subawards, subrecipient monitoring, initiating award actions, monitoring budgets, and facilitating invoice payments.
- Monitor expenditures for reasonableness, allowability and allocability.
- Provide staff support for research activity payments such as stipends and honoraria. Ensure compliance with funding agency, federal, state and university rules and regulations.
- Liaise with the central offices at award setup and award closeout stages.
- Provide back- up support to the CIRES Procurement Card Approving Official in preparing, reviewing and submitting PCARD reports.
- Provide excellent customer service to CIRES employees and associates, CIRES administration, business partners at the university and to external agencies.
What We Can Offer
The hiring range is $48,000.00-$60,000.00. Relocation funds are available for this position following CIRES and the University of Colorado’s relocation processes and procedures.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Ambitious. Be Strategic. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience can substitute years of education on a year per year basis.
- 1+ years of professional, job-related experience.
What You Will Need
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with a dedication to customer service and supporting a positive team culture within CIRES Administration.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and be solution oriented.
- Proficient experience in Microsoft Excel.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience in finance, sponsored research administration, post-award management, or related experience.
- Experience with University of Colorado electronic systems (i.e. Peoplesoft, Concur, Marketplace, HCM).
- Experience and familiarity with University of Colorado fiscal rules and Administrative Policy Statements (APS).
- Knowledge of University of Colorado policies and procedures.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by June 23, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu