Tutor II Instructional (Part-time)
Tutor II Instructional (Part-time)
2200 University Drive, Central Park Campus
McKinney, Texas, 75071
We are searching for an experienced Tutor II Instructional (Part-time) .
NOTE: This position will be in the math lab working with students from College Algebra to Calculus. This is a year-round position and will require a combination of days, evenings and weekends tutoring students.
Provide academic tutoring and assistance to individual students and small groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tutor and assist students in academic achievement by meeting with them individually or in small groups to help clarify course material and give suggestions and recommendations to improve study skills.
- Assist students with course-related equipment and supplies.
- Maintain records of students tutored as required under department guidelines.
- Maintain confidentiality of student records in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Ensure offices and files are adequately secured on a daily basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of college-level courses
- Knowledge of of the English language
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Publisher
- Knowledge of department guidelines and record keeping
- Knowledge of academic software
- Knowledge of related instructional equipment
- Organization and time management skills
- Filing skills
- Presentation skills
- Computer and applicable software skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to create a positive tutoring and learning environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Completion of one sophomore-level course in the discipline or a related discipline or equivalent. One (1) year of related experience required.
Official transcript(s) required. International transcripts require an English translation and a course-by-course evaluation from an approved agency.
This position is generally limited to working a maximum of 19.5 hours per week. (Maximum hours for employees with more than one part-time position at Collin College may vary.)
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $13.07 - 13.07
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Instructional Technology & Design (Campus) Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney