Casual - Strategic Partnerships Coach (grant funded)
Job Summary: The Strategic Partnerships Coach takes an intrusive case management approach to providing support and guidance to graduating/recent graduates of the School District of Lancaster (SDoL). This position is charged with facilitating each student’s completion of admissions, onboarding, and enrollment processes. The coach will also develop plans and interventions to aid in student persistence. This position will provide timely interventions, make appropriate referrals, advocate on behalf of student needs, and bridge connections to other college services. Interactions with students will be held via Zoom meetings, email, phone, in-person appointments, and group programming. Duties will be carried out remotely, on the Lancaster Campus, and at the SDoL.
Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years related experience.*
*Or a combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job. Such as those listed above.
Licensing Requirements: Valid Driver’s License
Required to be compliant with PA Child Protective Service Laws. For additional information, please visit https://hacc.edu/HumanResources/NewHire/index.cfm
PDE 6004 (https://www.education.pa.gov/Documents/Teachers-Administrators/Background Checks/Arrest or Conviction form.pdf) form must be included with application.
Hiring Range: 21.21
Preferred Qualifications: Bi-lingual in Spanish
Job Specific Task List:
1. Maintain an identified caseload of SDoL students to assist with admissions, onboarding, and enrollment processes.
2. Monitor key benchmarks such as application for admission, FAFSA completion, scholarship application, registration of classes, payment of tuition, purchasing of textbooks, and development of an education plan toward continuous enrollment.
3. Communicate with caseload systematically, frequently, and intentionally through multiple methods, including but not limited to in-person appointments, email, Zoom meetings, remote text messaging, and group programming.
4. Assist students to clarify their academic and career goals to assure alignment with their academic major.
5. Identify risks and barriers that would prevent persistence; assess alternatives, problem solve, advocate, and bridge connections with other college services.
6. Consistently monitor student progress through academic monitoring and midterm/final grades; intervene as necessary.
7. Conduct outreach to recent SDoL graduates who planned to apply/enroll; provide encouragement and pathways toward enrollment.
8. Conduct student interactions in compliance with FERPA; demonstrate an understanding of the College’s interpretation of FERPA rules for the release of student information to faculty, parents, students, and third parties.
9. Maintain accurate, organized, and detailed records of interventions, outreach, and student participation.
10. Actively participate in systematic assessment of the intervention program; provide information, analyze data, generate written reports regarding caseload progress as requested; contribute to the development of effectiveness reports.
11. Consult regularly with SDoL staff to provide updates, determine appropriate next steps, and coordinate group events and programming.
12. Travel to HACC locations and to SDoL to support initiative as needed.
13. Perform other duties as assigned. - (Essential)
Job Type: Part-Time (less than 1,000 hours)
If part time, hours per week: up to 20 hours
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Our Purpose: Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement: As an institution of higher education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect, and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’ expectations.
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates diversity.
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and actions.
- We provide the most accurate information available in all communication.
Advertised: Jun 03, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jun 20, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Lancaster
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Lancaster
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Part Time jobs in Lancaster
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Lancaster
- Other Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Lancaster