Behavioral and Natual Sciences Administrative Assistant
Purpose: Provide administrative support services to the Division Dean, Department Chairpersons, and faculty and oversight for the administrative functions of the School of Behavioral and Natural Sciences. This position requires initiative, professionalism, and high levels of integrity and confidentiality. This person is responsible for handling sensitive material as it relates to the School, faculty, staff, and students. It requires an employee who can make independent decisions when necessary and work without close supervision. Duties:
- Efficient and sensitive handling of all administrative tasks as they relate to the School
- Screen and direct calls and visitor with discretion and courtesy
- Handle routine inquiries of internal and external customers
- Maintain routine office functions utilizing Microsoft Office applications, CARS, and other software and technology as necessary
- Responsible for maintaining a record of minutes of meetings within the School
- Distribute mail and coordinate various mailings
- Maintain, compile and plan presentation of data and other materials in support of accreditation requirements
- Assist with course scheduling process and classroom assignments
- Coordinate and schedule travel arrangements, including arranging buses/vans for class field trips
- Maintain an up-to-date filing system and archive necessary documents
- Contribute to team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the department; helping others accomplish related job results when needed
- General clerical duties such as typing, copying, filing
- Responsible for all fiscal aspects in the School including issuing
- Purchase orders, order tracking, invoice payments, expense reports, and tracing all department budgets
- Provide support for student recruitment/retention
- Assist in event planning for searches, meetings, banquets, etc.
- Maintain advising lists for departments
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High School diploma required. Experience: Extensive secretarial/administrative support experience Specialized Training: Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs.
A demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Skills/Attributes
- Exhibit a “student/customer first” and “faculty/staff customer first” orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and student-faculty-staff customer needs and expectations; anticipate and identify student-faculty-staff customer needs
- Collaborate well with others and help make the School and related areas a cohesive group
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to achieve common office, School, department, or University goals
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate within the departments and the School as required during high service demand times
- Develop and nurture ad effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic communication skills
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well to others
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work to detect errors, oversights or omissions
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming initiative for creative problem solving
- Demonstrate creativity and high energy
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and functions within the School/department and/or position
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Internet, CARS, and copier
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
- Standing or sitting in one position for long periods. Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please upload the cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati