Admissions Counselor - Freshman
Admissions Counselor - Freshman
Benedictine University is an inclusive academic community, inspired by the Catholic intellectual tradition and Benedictine values. We seek employees who will contribute to the advancement of our mission by helping students shape lives of meaning and purpose as engaged citizens who care for the Earth, welcome people of diverse faiths and cultures, and promote the common good.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Title: Admissions Counselor
Department: Enrollment Center
Reports to: Director of Admissions
Status: Full time
Position Summary: Admission Counselors are responsible for carrying out recruitment activities within their assigned recruitment territory. This entails counseling undergraduate students and their families throughout the entire recruiting cycle, from prospect status through registered status. This position will work collaboratively with other Admissions Counselors in recruiting students to Benedictine University in support of its goals for enrollment. The majority of time will be spent providing admissions information to high school students as well as students attending two-year colleges.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Maintain contact with students and parents through recruiting events. Delivers presentations to individuals and groups who indicate an interest in the University. These programs include daily information sessions and interviews for prospective students, group visits to campus, presentations to interested individuals on and off campus and other organizations, and college planning workshops at middle and secondary schools throughout Illinois and out of state. Represents the University in a professional manner at designated college fair programs throughout Illinois and out of state. Sets up individual visits with high school and two-year college counselors and makes presentations to interested students. Advertises visits to prospective students and follows up with each student contacted via email utilizing CRM technology. Develops and maintains very positive and professional customer service and/or relations within the office/department and with all constituencies to include students, faculty, staff, guests, and employees. Cultivate positive relationships with counseling staff at high schools and community colleges so they can collaborate with the University in generating applications for admission. Counselors will call students regarding attending events such as the fall and spring Visit Days, Science Open House, Eagle Days and SOAR events. Conduct one-on-one campus visits with prospective students and families as well as facilitate placement testing, advising, and registration for incoming undergraduates.
2. Process files and other paperwork as necessary. This processing includes application review, updating territory caseload spreadsheet, completing committee forms as necessary, and filling out high school and two-year college visits, and college fair evaluation forms for each visit.
3. Attend meetings with various members of the Enrollment Center staff. This includes a weekly staff meeting as necessary, goal-setting meetings throughout the year, staff retreats, and other meetings throughout the year to touch base regarding our application and enrollment goals.
1) Working with student workers/student callers.
2) Collaborating with co-workers regarding new recruitment strategies, make suggestions to improve past strategies, and increase marketing opportunities.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: 2-3 years of experience in sales/recruiting preferred.
Specific Skills: Familiarity with Microsoft Office software required and experience with PeopleSoft administrative system preferred.
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Use of computer screen, phone and customer service.
May require bending, or sitting for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Specific Knowledge, Licenses, or Certifications: Valid Driver’s License
Supervisory Responsibility (if applicable): NA
Working Conditions: General office environment. Requires heavy travel; reliable transportation required.
Benedictine University does not discriminate in its admissions or educational policies, programs or activities; scholarship and loan programs; athletic and other University administered programs or employment practices on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The laws applicable to Benedictine University include constitutional and statutory protections of the University's rights as a religiously sponsored institution. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all employment and personnel practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promotion, training and compensation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Benedictine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle