Benedictine University is an inclusive academic community, inspired by the Catholic intellectual tradition and Benedictine values. We seek employees who will contribute to the advancement of our mission by helping students shape lives of meaning and purpose as engaged citizens who care for the Earth, welcome people of diverse faiths and cultures, and promote the common good.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Title: eSports Coordinator
Department: Department of Student Activities
Reports to: Director of Student Activities & Recreational Sports/Camps
Position Summary: This position is responsible for the development, conduct and overall supervision of the Club eSport’s Team
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Working with Director of Student Activities and Director of Admissions, develop a detailed recruitment
plan that will allow the program to be in a position of competitive leadership within local, regionally and national alliances.
2. Creates a positive, winning culture and an exceptional student experience; and ensures that the Benedictine
University eSports program is administered with full commitment to programmatic standards and high levels of achievement.
3. Assist with the retention of student through social and academic counseling; interaction with University
retention team and Department of Student Activities staff.
4. Create a culture of excellence throughout the student experience. Develop a culture of trust through mentorship and social development. Communicate expectations, praise and corrective feedback in a clear and constructive manner. Maintain positive student assessments for program from team members.
5. Responsible for planning, development and direction of operating and fundraising budget within University and departmental procedures. Attendance at specified department fundraising events. Assist in the planning of team specific alumni events, as well as developing new opportunities through alumni networks. Work effectively with the Director of Student Activities to satisfy philanthropic and revenue generation outcomes.
1. Directs all aspects of the Benedictine University (Lisle) Esports program
2. Organization and implementation of the assessment, identification and recruitment of qualified student working closely with Admissions and Financial Aid and the Director of Activities in recruitment of team members
3. Maintain schedule for the entire academic year to include, individual meetings, individual workouts, pre-season workouts, post-season workouts, in-season and off-season training/conditioning programs, as well as summer program workouts
4. Support academic development and graduation of team members as well as act as a role model for all Benedictine students involved in the program
5. Establish and maintain effective relationship with the University, alumni, high school coaches, media, and the local community
6. Actively and vigorously participate in fundraising activities for team initiatives
7. Maintain memberships and participation in the various E-sports associations and affiliations
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
Experience: Previous collegiate coaching preferred
Specific Skills: Knowledge of eGaming industry and Benedictine philosophy, recruitment, rules and
Specific Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications: Organizational skills, writing and typing skills, interpersonal skills, data entry and budget management skills and demonstrated supervisory skills.
Valid driver’s license; CPR/First Aid/ AED certification
Physical Requirements: Ability to handle varying levels of stress while maintaining professional demeanor. Possible lifting, bending, walking, kneeling, stretching, and stooping. Frequent districtwide and statewide travel; frequent prolonged and irregular hours; outdoor exposure to sun/heat or cold weather.
Ability to speak clearly so listeners can understand. Understand the speech of another person.
See details of objects that are less than a few feet away or are more than a few feet away. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. General Customer service and office environment.
Supervisory Responsibility (if applicable): N/A
Working Conditions: Office environment. Nights and weekends required.
Benedictine University does not discriminate in its admissions or educational policies, programs or activities; scholarship and loan programs; athletic and other University administered programs or employment practices on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The laws applicable to Benedictine University include constitutional and statutory protections of the University's rights as a religiously sponsored institution. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all employment and personnel practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promotion, training and compensation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Benedictine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Lisle