Senior Administrative Assistant (Tech)
Senior Administrative Assistant (Tech)
The Senior Administrative Assistant is responsible for support, office and phone reception for the Student Services office located at Washburn University’s Institute of Technology (Washburn Tech) campus.
Essential Job Functions of Position
• Facilitate and assist with communication with and among visitors, callers, staff and the public in general.
• Greet and assist visitors according to their needs and interests, screen and direct incoming telephone calls operate a multi-line telephone in a competent, polite and professional manner.
• Use a two-way radio to contact or respond to calls from custodial, maintenance and security staff to relay and/or facilitate response to needs for assistance.
• Meter all out-going mail, distribute all incoming mail and order postage for postage machine.
• Monitor the receipt of faxes and distribute incoming faxes electronically as they are received.
• Work with internal and external customers to identify their needs and expectations, and schedule use of facilities for meetings, conferences, and other events.
• Provide information about various testing opportunities to prospective and current students to help them plan and schedule participation in tests according to their needs. Schedule students to take entrance exams as back-up to the Senior Administrative Assistant for Tech Admissions.
• Maintain, update and distribute all staff listings to Washburn Tech staff for reference and informational purposes.
• Order and distribute office supplies for the STEP (Student Testing and Enrollment Pathway Services) office.
• Provide backup clerical support as needed for staff in the Student Services office. The Student Services office is made up of Admissions, Financial Aid, Registrar Services, Advising, Advocacy, Tech/WU Transitions, Scholarships, Testing, Asst./Assoc Dean.
• Perform additional job-related duties as assigned or as appropriate.
Non-Essential Job Functions of Position
Education and Experience
High School diploma or GED . Two years providing administrative support, or completion of a course of study at the post-secondary level in Office Management//Support and one year experience providing administrative support, or a bachelor’s degree and work experience in an office environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Ability to multi-task and interact professionally with a variety of individuals. Experience with email, word processing, and spreadsheet programs.
Preferred: Work experience in a secondary or post-secondary educational environment. Experience with MS Office. Ability to speak and understand Spanish.
Licenses, Certifications & Registrations
Additional Requirements (e.g. Physical Demands)
Campus Security Authority
Special Instructions to Applicant
starting pay is $11.39 per hour with a potential for a higher rate commensurate with experience and qualifications
Monday - 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Tuesday - 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Wednesday - 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Thursday - 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Friday - 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Average Hours per Week
Months per Year
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the University’s commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE . Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.
Background Check Required?
Driving History Checked?
Drug Screen Required?
Anticipated Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
For earliest consideration apply by
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled?
Quick Link for Direct Access to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent?
- Do you have two years providing administrative support, OR
completion of a course of study at the post-secondary level in
Office Management Support and one year experience providing
administrative support, OR a bachelor’s degree and work experience
in an office environment.
- Cover Letter