OPS Administrative Specialist I
The College of Journalism and Communications is accredited by the
Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass
Communications (ACEJMC) and is home to four departments –
Advertising, Journalism, Public Relations, and Telecommunication.
The college provides hands-on learning immersion experiences
through the Innovation News Center, The Agency, Frank gatherings,
the Division of Multimedia Properties, the Summer Media Institute,
undergraduate research, various extracurricular groups and
activities, etc. To learn more: https://www.jou.ufl.edu/this-is-cjc/
At CJC we embraces diversity as a shared responsibility among
faculty, staff and students and strives for tangible expressions of
this responsibility. We are committed to fostering a safe,
welcoming and inclusive environment for individuals of all races,
genders, nationalities, religions, sexual orientations, identities
and abilities to express their culture and perspectives through the
art and science of journalism and communication.
The Consortium and the Brechner Center are collaborating on
projects focused on educating students in grades K-12 about the
connection between high-quality news and civic life, as well as
efforts to build trust in journalism. We’re looking for someone who
can assist with research, analyzing information and preparing
reports, updating websites and other administrative tasks as
assigned. This is an opportunity to work on issues related to
strengthening high-quality journalism and improving civic
Specific Duties Include:
- Identify, analyze and summarize relevant publications on media
trust and artificial intelligence.
- Assist in developing and updating websites.
- Create CRM and filing systems for the Consortium.
- Identify potential grant opportunities and assist in preparing
- Other administrative tasks as designated by the Consortium and
$18.00-$23.00 per hour, commensurate with education, skills, and
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Strong research skills.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information.
- Good computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and
PowerPoint is preferred.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication
skills, both oral and written; detail oriented.
- Strong collaboration skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end
This is a time-limited position.
Health Assessment Required: