Network Systems Technology Instructor
Full-time (9-month) faculty position to teach face-to-face and online courses in basic and advanced concepts of network operations, support and security for both vocational and college credit. Position starts August 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guides learning in the teaching discipline and related courses at various campuses and centers.
- Assists in curriculum development, creating learning activities and implementing assessment and planning.
- Works a basic work week of forty (40) hours which includes classroom instruction, office hours for student conferences, preparation/research and other professional activities.
- Attends and participates in departmental meetings, college-wide academic meetings, and official functions scheduled by the administration. Serves on college committees as assigned.
- Evaluates student learning outcomes and objective achievement, maintaining and reporting information as prescribed by college policies and procedures; supervises students and resolves classroom problems.
- Maintains appropriate credentials and current knowledge of developments and teaching strategies in the discipline/program areas taught. Participates in professional development activities including, but not limited to: workshops and conferences; membership in professional organizations; self-improvement course work and activities.
- Participates in and supports faculty and student activities. Maintains good relationships with community agencies and groups, participating when appropriate.
- Contributes to unit planning, assessment, and college institutional effectiveness efforts.
- Acts in accordance with College policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SFSC is strongly committed to diversity and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
- Master's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Assurance/Security, Network Security, Management Information Systems, or Information Technology required;
- OR Master's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution in any discipline and 18 graduate semester hours in Computer Science or related field (see fields noted above) required;
- OR Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in computer-related field (see fields noted above) with significant (10 or more years) industry experience combined with current industry certifications, and extensive (3 or more years) supervisory experience may substitute for higher degree requirements.
- Doctorate degree in computer science or related field (see fields noted above) preferred.
- Three to five years of verifiable industry work experience in Computer Technology or other directly related field (see fields noted above) required.
- Verifiable work experience with programming languages to include, but not limited to: C#, C++, and Python required.
- Ability to teach a range of computer related areas (Cyber Security, Cisco, CompTIA A+, Networking, Computer Science/Programming, Project Management, Data Analytics, and Applications) required.
- Post-secondary teaching with distance learning modality (Zoom, Blackboard, Canvas) as well as experience in developing relevant courses and curriculum development strongly preferred.
- Verifiable experience with Networking infrastructure strongly preferred.
- Current industry/vendor certifications or the ability to obtain (e.g., CompTIA, Cisco, Microsoft) preferred.
- Knowledge of the National Centers of Academic Excellence in
Cyber Defense - Two-Year Education (CAE2Y) program and ability to
help college obtain credential preferred.
Please submit unofficial copies of your transcripts for review. You will be allowed to do this during the application process or you may login in at a later time and upload them as "additional documents".
Instructional Supervisor: Chair, Business and Information Technologies
Original Posting Date: May 26, 2021
Starting Annual Salary Range: with a Bachelor's degree $35,578-$39,847; with a Master's degree $38,912-$43,581; with a Master's degree + 30-$40,492-$45,351; with a Doctorate-$43,412-$48,621.
Application Review: June 27, 2021
SOUTH FLORIDA STATE COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL ACCESS/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY INSTITUTION
Applicants with disabilities who need assistance in the application or hiring process should contact: Human Resources, 863-784-7132, or send written request to:
South Florida State
ATTN: Director, Human Resources
EA/EO & ADA Officer
600 West College Drive
Avon Park, FL 33825
To apply for this position please visit https://sfsc.interviewexchange.com.