Division Office Manager
About Oakton Community College :
For 50 years, Oakton Community College has been the setting where thousands begin or continue their college or career studies. Educating people of all ages, from all walks of life and from more than 40 nations, Oakton focuses on improving the quality of life for everyone who enters its doors.
Paid winter break
FRIDAYS OFF during the summer
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision, perform administrative and office support services for division dean, manage operational functions of the division office which include responding to inquiries, problems, and complaints from faculty, staff, students, and public and applying college policy and division procedures. Exercise discretion in obtaining, providing, and applying factual and confidential information requiring knowledge of assigned and related work areas. Also, organize and coordinate the office and administrative support staff.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct reports, memos, letters, sensitive information and
statistical data from Division Dean.
- Delegate clerical responsibilities to clerical staff and
student employees and assign staff to support designated academic
departments. Use independent judgment on routine procedures as
- Maintain daily appointment calendar for Division Dean, screen
office visitors and set up appointments with faculty,
administrators and students. Serve as confidential assistant to the
Dean. Assist the dean and divisional faculty with meeting
- Prepare reports and documentation for faculty and staff
attendance, vouchers, and purchase orders, maintenance work orders,
and related operations within the division.
- Update content for academic and division web page(s). Serve as
a liaison with the Web Developer/Web Programmer. Maintain, and
organize information for web pages including preparation and
editing of new information. Submit page(s) for upload.
- Use and maintain databases to track divisional faculty
including contact information, office schedules, courses taught and
- Responsible for direct administrative support of
division/academic department special events including coordination
of activities with other college departments such as food service,
facilities utilization and special events committee.
- Assist Dean in organizing semester priorities such as teacher
evaluations, directory input, confirmation letters, collect,
compile and prepare faculty records.
- Select, train, and evaluate clerical staff.
- Compose and prepare routine correspondence.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- High school education or an equivalent combination of education
and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be
acquired is necessary.
- Two years general administrative and office support experience
- Ability to utilize a keyboard to enter, retrieve and manipulate
data is required.
- Ability to update and maintain web pages using the college
platform is required. Intermediate level ability with Microsoft
Office Suite software is required.
- Two years supervisory experience is desirable.
Administrative supervision is received from a Division Dean.
Functional supervision may be exercised over department and senior department assistants, and student employees.
HOURS: Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 3:45 pm
SALARY: $ 45,418 Salary may change due to the completion of staff negotiations
For further details, visit our website at www.oakton.edu and select the Employment link to view Employment Opportunities.
Please be sure to have a current resume, cover letter, and list of, at least, three (3) professional references with contact information prepared to submit with your application. One (1) of the references must be your most recent, direct supervisor.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Des Plaines