Williams College Children’s Center is pleased to announce the
openings for teachers to join our team dedicated to providing
quality child care and education. The Williams College Children’s
Center has a warm and inviting program with state-of-the-art
facilities developed expressly for early childhood education.
Who We Are?
- We are energetic, passionate teachers who believe children are
capable and active learners
- We believe relationships between children, teachers, and
families are essential to and the foundation of all early childhood
- We believe the environment, both the classroom and the natural,
support, guide, and enhance children’s exploration and
- We believe we are all learners together
Who We Are Looking For?
- You are excited to learn about and respond to children’s
interests and strengths
- You enjoy being part of a team and working collaboratively and
who is ready to enthusiastically participate in school-wide inquiry
- You believe children learn best through play and project-based
- You are enthusiastic to interact with children, families, and
staff from a wide variety of backgrounds in a way that demonstrates
cultural sensitivity and competence.
What We Have to Offer?
- Commitment to advancing our teacher’s professional practice,
development, education, and career in early childhood
- Pay ranges from $17.50 to 20.00 per hour with generous benefits
including health and dental care, fully-covered tuition, and other
great incentives as an employee of Williams College
- Teaching teams of three teachers in each classroom with regular
scheduled team planning time, teacher preparation time, and support
meetings with directors
- A degree in Early Childhood Education or related field with
experience in an early care setting is preferred
- Candidates must meet the teacher certification requirements
established by the Department of Early Education and Care, or be
able to obtain within 1 month of beginning employment
- Thorough knowledge of early education and care principles
- A solid background in developmentally appropriate
- A commitment to providing all children the chance to thrive in
a fully inclusive environment.
Application review is ongoing. Pay is $17.50 - $20 per hour,
commensurate with experience. Job band 18. Please visit
https://staff-careers.williams.edu/ to apply.
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of
background information submitted by the applicant, including the
completion of a criminal record check, and education when
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination,
Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive
community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and
Williams is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified
individuals. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that
persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job
application or interview process please feel free to contact us via
phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.