Associate Dean of First Year Students
Williams College seeks a highly-motivated, student-centered individual to work as an Associate Dean of First Year Students, a position designed to meet the Office's priority of providing holistic services to students. The Office of the Dean of Students is dedicated to supporting students to thrive. We value collegiality, collaboration, and one-on-one engagement with students and faculty. We believe in meeting students where they are in their development and helping them cultivate skills that will help them both within and outside the classroom.
Williams College has profoundly transformed its student body in terms of socioeconomic status, race and ethnicity, gender identity, and nationality, among other areas. We seek candidates with a demonstrated commitment to and experience working with diverse populations in higher education and advancing the college’s goals around diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice.
Application review begins on June 29, 2021. Pay is in the low $90,000’s; Job group 2-D.
The successful candidate should:
- Have direct leadership experience guiding First Year orientation, programming, and student support
- Have experience with or knowledge of providing academic support for students
- Enjoy meeting new people, making connections, and promoting the value of our office
- Embrace our commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Thrive in a small, relationship-driven academic environment
- Serve as the Class Dean for First Year Students and supervise the Assistant Dean for Sophomore Year Students
- Coordinate First Year Experience (FYE) in partnership with the Office of Campus Life and other campus partners
- Coordinate the Junior Advisor Program (junior students who live with and support first year students) in partnership with the Office of Campus Life
- Advise and provide academic support to students in collaboration with the student’s assigned faculty academic advisor and other academic support providers (including meeting with students who are on academic probation, processing class withdrawals, and assisting students in creating plans for academic success, as well as supporting students in crisis and navigating personal matters)
- Management and supervision of Assistant Dean
- Partner with campus colleagues in leading workshops/trainings/programs for students related to academics and learning beyond the classroom
- Serve in on-call rotation and provide crisis response
- Serve as student conduct hearing officer
- Some evening and weekend responsibilities are required
- Masters Degree or equivalent strongly preferred; Doctorate preferred
- Minimum of three years professional student affairs experience required
- Experience working with First Year students
- General knowledge of supporting students in their academic, social, and personal success
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented organization
- Demonstrated success in working with a broadly diverse student body
This is a full-time, year-round appointment, reporting to the Senior Associate Dean of Students.
Conditions of Employment
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.
Williams is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-2681 or email at email@example.com.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Williamstown