Posting Number S01405 Position Title Police Officer Internal Position Title Police Officer Department Police Department Position Type Staff Job Family Classified FOP Union Job Summary
The College of Lake County is currently looking for a Police Officer to join the team. Under the administrative supervision of the Deputy Chief of Police and the functional supervision of the Police Sergeant, the Officer provides service and protection to the people and property of the College of Lake County through the enforcement of federal and state laws, CLC rules and regulations and provides community service to the campus community through patrols, order maintenance and public assistance.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. In accordance with Illinois State Statute, must be between 21 and 35 years of age (unless already certified as a police officer by the State of Illinois)
2. High School Diploma
3. No felony or disqualifying misdemeanor convictions.
4. Possess a valid driver’s license.
5. Ability to pass the I.L.E.T.S.B. POWER Test (waived for Illinois certified police officers).
6. Ability to pass psychological exam, medical exam, and extensive background investigation.
7. Valid FOID card or ability to obtain.
8. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
9. Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Associate’s degree or higher
Posting Date 06/03/2021 Closing Date 06/30/2021 Expected Start Date 09/13/2021 Special Instructions Summary Pay Rate $27.18/Hr Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40.00 Work Schedule
40 hours/week. Shifts vary and are dependent on the needs of the department.
Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements Writing Samples EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
1. Provides service and protection to the campus through a variety of law enforcement and safety functions.
2. Patrols the buildings and grounds on foot and by vehicle to detect threats to safety, health, security and criminal violence.
3. Makes arrests when necessary according to state laws and department procedures.
4. Promotes traffic safety by enforcing parking and traffic violations.
5. Responds to potential health hazards, chemical hazards, natural hazards and criminal situations.
6. Coordinates traffic management and conducts accident investigations.
7. Assists in training of patrol persons.
8. Monitors traffic and road conditions and reports problems and concerns.
9. Identifies and assists persons in need of help and delivers emergency messages.
10. Reports potential fire, health and safety hazards.
11. Conducts safety programs as required, crime prevention programs, sexual assault programs, juvenile procedures, fire prevention, use of force and domestic battery procedures.
12. Provides traffic and crowd support for campus activities.
13. Supports Operational Plans for all campuses.
14. Testifies in court and other hearings as required.
15. Investigates, interviews and collects evidence to assist in the prosecution of persons who commit crimes on campus.
16. Presents evidence in court as required.
17. Performs all law enforcement, safety and security duties as related to this position.
18. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Due to Illinois State Statute, are you between 21 and 35
years of age or already already certified as a police officer by
the State of Illinois?
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have a valid driver's license?
- * Do you have the ability to pass the I.L.E.T.S.B. POWER Test,
or are already an Illinois certified police officers?
- * Do you have a valid FOID card or the ability to obtain one?
- * Do you have an Associate’s degree or higher?
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Unofficial Transcript 1