Assistant Director, Undergraduate Admissions
University Code 35321 University Title Manager 1, Student Services University Job Family Student Services ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Assistant Director, Undergraduate Admissions Position Number 571430 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Office of Admissions Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Office of Admissions within the Division of Strategic Enrollment Management and Student Success drives talented and diverse student recruitment leading to student retention and success at the University. Reporting to the Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions, the Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions supports a culture of excellence by providing outstanding customer service and visitation programs through the Welcome Center, managing a team of regional recruiters.
The primary responsibilities of the position are:
Welcome Center and Office of Admissions Visitation Program Management
• Manages the day-to-day operations of the Welcome Center including the daily visitor experience and recruitment programs, virtual and in-person.
• This position serves as essential staff during times of inclement weather.
• Develops and improves processes to ensure quality customer service to the public, to both internal and external audiences
• Represents VCU to various constituencies to recruit and enroll a talented and diverse student body, interacting with prospective students and families daily while supervising professional and student staff
• Serves as a liaison to prospective students, families, school systems, teachers, and school counselors for the admissions process including reviewing, evaluating, and counseling applicants and prospective students based on their credentials and admissibility
• Plans, develops, and manages the Office of Admissions visitation program which includes regularly scheduled visits, campus tours, special events, information sessions, and targeted presentations with staff in undergraduate, international, and graduate admissions as well as partner departments to meet the strategic recruitment goals of the University in coordination with the Events Coordinator and SEM Communications staff
• Evaluates effectiveness of services and programs to identify opportunities for improvement or unmet needs
• Manages the Student Ambassadors program including advising the student organization and ensuring appropriate tour guide coverage for daily and special programs
• Manages and supervises a team of regional recruiters that are located off-campus to achieve recruitment benchmarks within the assigned targeted regions
• Ensures recruitment activities utilize resources to best meet the needs of the department and expectations for recruitment benchmarks
• Represents VCU at assigned Admissions events outside the Welcome Center such as receptions, open houses, college recruitment events, and off-campus high school visits and programs
• May assign Welcome Center staff in support of other recruitment activities
• Manages assigned special projects to support the initiatives of the Office of Admissions including but not limited to; admissions file review, participating in strategic planning, and the development and improvement of programs
• Support the Associate Director of Undergraduate Admissions by providing information and representation at assigned meetings
• Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Program Management, Education Leadership or related field or equivalent training and/or experience.
• Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to handle multiple projects, tasks and activities and meet deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to supervise and train employees, as well as oversee an office operation using excellent supervisory practices including sound judgment, appropriate decision-making, and use of professional discretion.
• Ability to interpret and implement policies and procedures.
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
• Strong attention to details.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
• Master’s degree in Business, Program Management, Education Leadership or related field.
• 3 or more years of supervisor experience.
• Experience working in an admissions or welcome center environment.
• Experience working with a visitation program.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range up to $50,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Mon - Fri, evenings, weekends Job Open Date 06/03/2021 Posting will close on or before 06/27/2021 Open Until Filled No Job Category Accounting/ Management/ Professional Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106576 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have experience working with student populations,
particularly high school students?
- * Do you have experience with employee supervision?
- * Do you have experience training others?
- * Do you have experience making formal and informal
presentations in front of small and large groups?
- * Have you worked in a high volume customer service setting?
- * Please give us an example of when you have had to juggle
tasks and prioritize and explain the steps you took to do
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a bachelor's degree?
- * Do you have event planning experience?
- Yes, small and large groups
- Yes, small groups only
- * Do you have experience working with student organizations?
- * This position will require that you work during some of VCU's
Winter Break. Will you be able to meet this requirement?
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond