Animal Resources Supervisor - (STA007490)
Supervises personnel providing animal husbandry for the university's animal care facilities.
- Oversees the daily activities of animal care personnel; to include training, scheduling and work direction.
- Maintains environmental conditions at all facilities for proper temperature, lighting and humidity.
- Provides skilled technical assistance to investigators and veterinarians as needed.
- Maintains clinical records and animal location census reports.
- Calculates and administers medication to animals as required; performs disease, diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Schedules surgeries, assists veterinarian in surgery and provides post-operative care.
- Maintains inventory of feed, materials and supplies.
- Responds to emergency situations after hours, on weekends and holidays.
- Reviews all assigned animal housing sites for discrepancies and recommends improvements to procedures, equipment and policies as it relates to animal facilities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience.
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Experience: Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.
Preferred: One (1) year of documented management/supervisory experience. Completion of Military Occupational Specialty (68T) also acceptable for experience.
Certification/Licensing: Requires technical certification or licensing directly related to the job, as specified on the job posting details. AAALAS LATG required or attainable within one year of hire as a term of continual employment.
Preferred: Lean/Six Sigma certification.
Notes to Applicant: 1723919
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Veterinary Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Agriculture & Animal Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston