Lecturer in Sociology and Criminology
The Department of Sociology and Criminology at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA invites applications for a one-year, fixed-term, non-tenure-track faculty position to start August 16, 2021. The teaching load is four courses per semester, and the successful candidate will teach multiple sections of Introduction to Sociology as well as one or more sections of the following, depending on areas of specialization:
• Research Methods (200-level)
• Courses that support the Solidarity and Social Justice (SOSJ) -click here for SOSJ website, minor, for example Introduction to SOSJ or an upper-division elective course.
• Upper-division Sociology elective courses.
Candidates should be committed to pursuing excellence in teaching and promoting an inclusive learning environment. The Sociology and Criminology Department at Gonzaga University is committed to building an intellectually vibrant and culturally inclusive community for our students, faculty, and staff.
• Ph.D. in Sociology. ABD considered, with the expectation that the candidate will have a degree in hand by August 1, 2021.
• Evidence of teaching effectiveness, including the ability to effectively respond to the academic needs of learners from diverse backgrounds.
• Experience using classroom strategies and pedagogies to advance equity and inclusion.
• Experience teaching Introduction to Sociology and either Research Methods, Solidarity and Social Justice, or upper-division Sociology elective courses.
Applicants must complete an online application at www.gonzaga.edu/jobs. A complete application consists of (1) a cover letter, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) names and contact information for three professional references (letters of recommendation will be requested when finalists are selected), (4) a one-page teaching philosophy that includes the candidate’s experience creating an inclusive learning environment, and the candidate’s record of teaching activities to date, and (5) unofficial graduate transcripts. Inquiries can be directed to Dr. Naghme Morlock, Search Committee Chair, Department of Sociology and Criminology, at email@example.com. The position closes on June 17, 2021, at midnight PST. For assistance with the online application, please call 509.313.5996.
Gonzaga University is a Jesuit, Catholic, humanistic institution, and is therefore interested in candidates who will contribute to its distinctive mission. Gonzaga University is a committed EEO/AA employer, and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values at Gonzaga University. Gonzaga’s academic excellence can only be fully realized by all members who share our commitment to these principles. Successful candidates for our faculty positions will demonstrate evidence of a commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Spokane
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Spokane
- Criminal Justice & Criminology Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Spokane
- Sociology Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Spokane