Lecturer - Faculty of Innovation and Design
Ref. No: #21221-FIAD05
The City University of Macau is now inviting applications for the following positions:
- Lecturer in Art and Design (Environmental Art, Landscape Planning or Visual Communication)
City University of Macau is a private but not-for-profit institution. As a comprehensive university in Macau, the University offers an array of Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctoral degree programs as well as professional courses. It is dedicated to academic excellence and strives to provide students with a rich learning experience that will open their door to the international scene through its continuous expansion of global partnerships. The University upholds its mission to nurture outstanding talents and deliver applicable programs that will serve the evolving needs of Macau and the wider region.
Candidates are expected to contribute significantly to the university and the faculty. Successful candidates will be responsible for duties that include but not limited to:
- Deliver a range of teaching and assessment activities in related disciplines;
- Provide constructive feedback and consultation support to students;
- Supervise practical works and student graduation projects.
- Lead the students to participate in local and international competitions;
- Carry out teaching-related administrative duties.
- Contribute to the university admission strategy and activities.
- Participate in conference and activities of the university and the faculty;
- Connects with local and external communities;
- Provide advisory, survey, and supervision services to society.
- Holder of Master's degree or above in related discipline;
- Ability to teach related compulsory courses independently;
- Proficient in using and teaching AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign & Premiere, etc.);
- Excellent command of English and Mandarin with the ability to communicate and present clearly and succinctly;
- Proven record of teaching experience in higher education and strong experience in research outputs will be an advantage;
- Awards in international or national design competitions will be an advantage;
- Preference will be given to Macau residents under the same condition.
The remuneration and appointment rank offered will be competitive and commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualifications, current position and professional experience. The compensation/benefits are completive. The current local maximum income tax rate in Macao is 12% but is effectively around 5% - 7% after various discretionary exemptions.
Applicants should visit https://cityu.edu.mo/en/category/job-vacancy/teaching-en/ for more details, and may apply via the link http://www.cityuhr.edu.mo/Job/Login or send the application by mail to the Human Resources Office, 2/F Administrative Building, Avenida Padre Tomas Pereira Taipa, Macau on or before June 30, 2021.
Review of applications and nominations will commence immediately. Applicants may consider their applications unsuccessful if they were not invited for an interview within 3 months of submission. The successful candidate is expected to assume the position in August 2021.
**Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.**