Faculty, Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA)
Faculty, Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA)
Posting Number: 0000807
Reports to: Dean, Health Sciences
Department: Health Sciences Education
Full or Part-time: Full Time
Provides instruction, outreach, and other professional contributions aligned with the mission and strategic goals of the College and the Academic Services Unit. Develops, implements, and maintains currency of courses, programs, and curricula in assigned program/discipline. Creates an innovative and engaging learning environment. Provide program-level oversight, including management of the Physical Therapy Assisting program, oversight of program accreditation, and continuous program improvement activities.
1. Designs and delivers effective instruction as assigned through traditional, online, and hybrid formats, using course outlines approved by the College Curriculum Council.
2. Advises students within academic discipline (or closely related field) and holds posted office hours, as required by the faculty contract.
3. In collaboration with departmental colleagues, designs/selects and implements appropriate assessment of student learning at the course and program level.
4. Assists department chair in developing class schedules and department budget, when appropriate.
5. In collaboration with department chair or chair’s designee, selects and orders course textbooks in a timely fashion.
6. Submits contract, grades, and other required paperwork within prescribed timelines.
7. Assists program chair in orienting and mentoring new full-time and adjunct faculty, as needed.
8. Contributes to the College’s governance by serving on instructional committees, task forces, or other College-wide workgroups and attends departmental, divisional, and college-wide meetings.
9. Recommends equipment and software needs to Instructional Division Dean.
10. Develops and maintains relationships with appropriate external constituencies (e.g., area high schools, community agencies, advisory committees).
11. Collaborates with instructional administration in conducting program/discipline area reviews and other continuous improvement activities in teaching and learning, including periodic curriculum reviews.
12. Effectively integrates the use of instructional technology in instruction, when appropriate.
13. Remains current in the discipline taught as well as in current trends in teaching methodologies for their specific discipline.
14. Participates in graduation exercises.
15. Contributes to decision-making in a productive manner.
16. Participates, as requested by instructional administration, in the interviewing and selection process for full-time faculty.
17. Maintains the highest ethical standards in relationships with constituencies, research activities, and business dealings with and on behalf of the College, per College policy.
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
Under the limited supervision of the Dean of Health Sciences, faculty are responsible for providing quality instruction, program development, continuous program improvement and academic support services. Interacts with Registrar, Financial Aid, and other college personnel to promote and achieve student success.
The qualified candidate will possess a Masters degree in physical therapy (MPT or MSPT); Doctorate of physical therapy (DPT) preferred; an unrestricted license to practice as a PT or PTA; a minimum of five (5) years (or equivalent), full-time, post licensure experience that includes a minimum of three (3) years (or equivalent) of full-time clinical experience; didactic and/or clinical teaching experience; experience in administration/management; experience in educational theory and methodology, instructional design, student evaluation and outcome assessment, including the equivalent of nine (9) credits of coursework in educational foundations.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
By completing this application, your information will be added to the candidate pool. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by Human Resources.
Monday - Thursday summer work schedule applies.
Open Date: 06/02/2021
To apply, visit https://lmc.simplehire.com/postings/3609
About Lake Michigan College
Lake Michigan College is a community college in southwest Michigan. We have three campuses --two of which are located ten minutes from our namesake’s breathtaking shoreline.
Like other community colleges, we offer associate degrees, certificates, and even a baccalaureate degree. But what sets us apart from our peers is our seemingly limitless potential and our people - people who care deeply about our region’s future and who are committed to student success and exemplary educational programs, strong alignments with both established and emerging industries, and productive partnerships with the communities we serve.
Faculty and staff at LMC enjoy excellent benefits and a supportive and friendly work environment. LMC recently received a Capital Outlay grant from the State of Michigan and a new millage from the southwest Michigan community, so the college’s facilities will be getting innovative, sustainable upgrades in the next few years that will contribute to the comfort, productivity and collaborative environment for all employees.
Living in Southwest Michigan
Southwest Michigan attracts millions of tourists who come for our beaches, wineries, and nationally acclaimed golf courses. But many who visit, choose to stay for our great schools, low cost of living, and high quality of life.
LMC’s main campus is nestled in a watery and wooded wildlife sanctuary, yet it’s less than a half-day’s drive from major metro areas including Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, and Indianapolis.