Assistant Director, Campus Career Liaison (SA21025)
Assistant Director, Campus Career Liaison (SA21025)
Division: Student Affairs & Enrollment Management
Department: Career Development Center
Unit: Career Development Center211, MSUAASF
Employment Condition: Probationary
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin on April 8, 2021 and continue until the position is filled.
POSITION: Probationary; Range C*
Salary Minimum: $43,785
Salary Maximum: $75,840
Salary Type: Annual
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 211, MSUAASF
As one of two assistant director campus career liaisons, this position supports the career success of students and alumni through the management and provision of career-related activities and education for assigned academic areas and departments (Office of Alumni Relations). Areas of responsibility also include: coordination of departmental graduate student staff hiring, training and supervision; provision of campus leadership for the administration of internships; direction and support for department operations and initiatives; direct supervision of student employees and graduate assistants/interns; and outreach and communications related to areas of responsibility.
- Master’s Degree in Student Affairs, Higher Education, Human Resources, Counseling, or a related area (required completion by time of appointment).
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in career services, student affairs, or higher education.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
- 2+ years of experience in the delivery of career services and programs in higher education.
- Knowledge of career decision making, career and student development theories, effective counseling skills and job/internship search strategies.
- Experience with educational program development, group presentations and associated technologies, and individual career counseling/coaching.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Technology skills including Microsoft Office, career coaching/counseling and job/internship searching technologies, student record systems, and career services specific software such as Handshake.
- Experience with supervision of staff and/or students.
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to FERPA privacy regulations.
- Interpersonal competency working with students, faculty, staff, alumni and employers.
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to, participating and completing all required safety trainings, as well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.
For more information about the department, see https://mankato.mnsu.edu/university-life/career-development-center/. Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: www.mnsu.edu
- The salary range denoted above is the contractual range; however, salary upon hire is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/
A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- A brief (no more than one-page) diversity statement presenting a commitment to or experience working in an equity-minded environment
Mandy Weister, Associate Director
Career Development Center
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State University Administrative and Service Faculty which can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years’ worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at: http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/ You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The following link provides a brief overview of benefits available to eligible employees of Minnesota State University.
Select the ASF Summary (Administrative & Service Faculty) link from the list for specifics of that plan.
Posting Number: M122M
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date: 07/01/2021
Position End Date (if temporary):
Open Date: 03/18/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com/postings/1834
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.