Assistant Director of Accessibility Resources (AA22031)
Assistant Director of Accessibility Resources (AA22031)
Division: Diversity and Inclusion
Department: Accessibility Resources
Unit: Accessibility Resources211, MSUAASF
Employment Condition: Probationary
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin on June 22, 2021 and continue until the position has been filled.
POSITION: Probationary; Range C*
Salary Minimum: $43,785
Salary Maximum: $75,840
Salary Type: Hourly
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 211, MSUAASF
The Assistant Directors in Accessibility Resources is responsible for ensuring the University's compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Sec. 504, of the Rehabilitation Act. The Assistant Directors will share the responsibility of the design and assessment of projects and the formulation and implementation of office goals and objectives. They will share in the supervision of student employees that aid in students with learning disabilities, ADHD, mental health conditions, pregnancy, parenting challenges, and visual impairment. They will be responsible for working with Residential Life on student housing accommodations, enrollment management of Accessibility Resource specific student population, and campus-wide Student Success partners across the University.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Work, Psychology or related field (conferred on an official transcript at the time of application) plus two years of professional experience working with students with disabilities in a secondary or post-secondary educational system or equivalent combination of post-secondary training, education, and/or professional experience.
- Knowledge of psycho-educational test instruments at the level necessary to review and interpret diagnostic results to determine the presence of a disability per University criteria and to determine appropriate accommodations.
- Knowledge of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and other appropriate laws on higher education and disability.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
- Master’s degree in Special Education, College Student Personnel, Psychology, Rehabilitation Counseling or related field, and at least two (2) years of related experience.
- Strong presentation, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to direct and organize work of self and others.
- Ability to collaborate with others.
- Strong computer skills, including; all MS applications and database management software.
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to, participating and completing all required safety trainings, as well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: www.mnsu.edu
- The salary range denoted above is the contractual range; however, salary upon hire is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/
A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Non-Photo Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- A brief (no more than one-page) diversity statement presenting a commitment to or experience working in an equity-minded environment
Search Committee Chair
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State University Administrative and Service Faculty which can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years’ worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at: http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/ You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The following link provides a brief overview of benefits available to eligible employees of Minnesota State University.
Select the ASF Summary (Administrative & Service Faculty) link from the list for specifics of that plan.
Posting Number: M136M
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date:
Position End Date (if temporary):
Open Date: 06/01/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com/postings/1865
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.