Physiology (Bradenton, FL)
JOB SUMMARY: Physiology Faculty members are required to serve as educators in medically-oriented Physiology, facilitate Problem Based Learning (PBL), advise Osteopathic medical students, interview applicants, and contribute to the mission of the college through research and service. The successful candidate is knowledgeable and qualified to teach Physiology at a medical college level.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following are a list of Academic Exercises that may be required as a member of the Physiology Faculty from time to time:
- Teach Physiology to preclinical medical students and graduate students;
- Prepare lectures, lecture notes, learning objectives, Power Point slides, exam questions, and syllabi;
- Participate in curriculum development and evaluation;
- Serve on committees, as assigned;
- Serve as content expert in area of expertise;
- Serve as Problem Based Learning (PBL) facilitator;
- Interview prospective candidates for the College of Medicine (COM);
- Serve as advisor/mentor to assigned students, providing counseling and guidance;
- Serve as advisor to at least one student club;
- Prepare demonstrations, small group discussions, and the selection of suggested and required reading from various sources, and coordinating these educational tools with other faculty members;
- Prepare evaluation tools that will aid in the evaluation of students’ work progress and help to identify students that are discovered to be weak in various areas;
- Attend “Team” meetings approved by COM that require advancement of your profession;
- Faculty member will contribute and be responsible for overall student success, including, but not limited to, advising and student outcomes;
- Faculty member will contribute directly to the Mission of LECOM embodying the essence of Osteopathic Principles and Practices by assisting with Institutional fundraising and participating in the LECOM Scholarship Auction;
- Faculty member will participate in scholarly activity so to enrich and broaden the student learning experience;
- Faculty member will commit to being a representative of LECOM by being actively involved in the community, including, but not limited to, serving on Boards, participating in community fundraisers and overall outreach;
- Must be able to take direction and receive assignments from the Assistant Dean of Preclinical Education;
- Must be available for work during the hours assigned, for student instruction; and
- Accept other duties assigned/needed for the Institution’s needs.
Applicants must complete the online application and upload current CV (curriculum vitae) to the application site. The applicant must also email a cover letter outlining how he/she would enhance the LECOM family , a statement of teaching philosophy, and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of student and patient’s privacy (i.e. FERPA, HIPAA…etc.);
- Follow proper OSHA and safety guidelines, protect equipment (office, medical, facility);
- Strong communications skills are essential as well as computer literacy (MS Office Suite [i.e. Word, PowerPoint, and Excel]) and accurate data entry skills;
- Must be accurate and attentive to detail;
- Must be trained and certified on the Institutional Data System;
- Maintain an established work schedule;
- Effective use of interpersonal and communications skills, including tact and diplomacy;
- Effective use of organizational and planning skills, including attention to detail and follow-through;
- Must be able to assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and demands;
- Must maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships;
- Flexibility to accept other duties needed/assigned for the COM;
- The ability to work cooperatively and collegially with others, consistent with a workplace of dignity and respect and EEO rules and regulations;
- The ability to report to work as scheduled, ready to devote full attention and energy to the important work of LECOM; and
- The ability to accept work directives from managers and supervisors in a respectful and cooperative manner.
Education and experience equivalent to: Ph.D. in Physiology, with previous teaching experience required, preferably in medically-oriented Physiology at the medical college level. Required evidence of research productivity and potential for success in obtaining extramural research funding. Must have a strong desire to teach in a student-centered environment using innovative methods. Requires excellent organizational, communication, teaching, and decision-making skills, along with an ability to work with faculty from other disciplines.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Bradenton
- Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Bradenton
- Medicine Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Bradenton
- Other Health & Medicine Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Bradenton