Associate Dean of Health Careers and Public Service Programs
Associate Dean of Health Careers and Public Service
River Grove, IL
Triton College, a comprehensive two year institution located in a near western suburb of Chicago, is seeking an Associate Dean of Health Careers and Public Service Programs to join our team.
Assists with providing administrative leadership in Health Careers and Public Service Program areas; provides professional and technical support to faculty, administrators, and staff on a variety of projects. Assists with coordinating special projects and grant initiatives. Other major functions include providing support in the development, evaluation, and revision of new and existing programs, supporting dual credit, expanding relationships with clinical affiliates, community partners, and employers, and providing guidance to ensure compliance with state, regulatory and accrediting agencies. Provides administrative support to appropriate faculty and staff, facilitates the academic preparedness and success of students, and promotes education and service in the community.
1. Effectively administers all aspects of Health Careers and Public Service Programs to assure the attainment of established programmatic outcomes and long-range goals.
2. Facilitates and supports the educational process by promoting an instructional environment for students and faculty that is conducive to student success.
3. Supervises program and course development, including student learning objectives and outcomes, activities, evaluation measures in collaboration with appropriate chairs/coordinators, faculty and other staff in compliance with college policy.
4. Facilitates and supports preparation of Internal Program Review (IPR) and ICCB program review (PRP), program accreditation self-studies and site visits.
5. Reviews and approve program schedules, including classroom and laboratory schedules.
6. Assists the Dean in the evaluation of program Chairs/Coordinators, faculty and staff.
7. Assists Chairs/Coordinators and faculty in the development, implementation and review of academic assessment.
8. Fosters the ongoing development of Areas of Study to support Guided Pathways and student success.
9. Develops grant proposals, monitors and coordinates Health Careers and Public Service Program grants.
10. Cooperates with federal and state regulatory agencies, and accreditation agencies.
11. Assists in developing and implementing Strategic Plan priorities.
12. Monitors the advisory committee process to assure adherence to established advisory committee guidelines.
13. Facilitates the recruitment, hiring, training, development and retention of faculty and staff.
14. Prepares budget documents and monitors expenditures.
15. Assists the Dean in monitoring the maintenance of assigned buildings and supports coordinators in ensuring the proper maintenance of current equipment.
16. Participates in professional activities on the local, state and national levels.
17. In collaboration with the Dean of Health Careers and Public Service Programs, assists with the delivery of dual credit programming.
18. Maintains clinical affiliate contracts per Board of Trustee requirements.
19. Serves on committees as assigned.
20. Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean.
Master's Degree in an appropriately related Health or Public Service discipline, Education or Educational Administration.
Demonstrated experience and ability teaching, directing, planning, and/or implementing Health Careers and Public Service Programs. A minimum of three years' experience working in a health career or public service program represented within the division is preferred. Experience with curriculum design, development, implementation and assessment is preferred.
Understanding of and commitment to the philosophy of a comprehensive community college and demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated leadership, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. Appreciation of diversity and promotion of multi-cultural awareness. Ability to maintain a broad institutional perspective and to think strategically. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
To apply, please visit our website at: jobopenings.triton.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=52898
Triton College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution.