Associate Director of Financial Aid
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Associate Director is a member of the management team and assists with the overall administration of the entire financial aid program. Provides training, direction and supervision to the financial aid staff on all campus locations to ensure effective, accurate & efficient delivery of services to students. Assists in monitoring compliance with federal, state & institutional polices & procedures and assess these areas for continual quality improvement. Addresses unresolved student issues in a professional and caring manner at all times. Assists the Director in the development of polices to ensure compliance with state, federal and institutional regulations. Helps develop, implement, evaluate & maintain department polices and procedures. Resolves problems and issues affecting the department and recommend measures to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the department. Develops and manages R2T4 withdrawal reports and notifications to the students. Acts in the absence of the Director. Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Import of ISIRs.
2. Assist with managing Pro-Ed solutions and Banner migration.
3. Process R2T4s and return funds.
4. Supervise front office staff.
5. Oversee and update WebX and EdConnect software.
6. Reconcile Pell, Loans and balance FISAP.
7. Determine & process dependency over-rides, homeless classification, and non-citizen status eligibility.
8. Make presentations on Financial Aid: Freshman Seminar Classes, Area High Schools, Orientation sessions and other recruitment events.
9. Package Financial Aid.
10. Supervise, train & monitor staff to meet ongoing policies and regulatory standards.
11. Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience: Bachelors degree. At least three years closely related work experience in Financial Aid, Higher Education or Finance related field. At least 12 months of direct supervisory experience.