Vice President, Information Technology and Global University Chief Information Officer
New York University, the largest private university in the United States, invites nominations and applications for the role of Vice President, Information and Global University Chief Information Officer (CIO).
NYU’s Information Technology organization provides a wide array of technologies and services to the 18 schools and colleges as well as the administrative units across the university’s global network of campuses, with four-year “portal” campuses in New York City, Abu Dhabi, and Shanghai, and global academic centers in Accra, Berlin, Buenos Aires, Florence, London, Madrid, Paris, Prague, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Los Angeles, and Washington DC. This central IT group provides support and maintains relationships and collaborations with the individual IT organizations in each of the schools and colleges.
The University seeks a CIO to establish a cohesive strategy that combines the University’s centralized services and coordination with shared technology responsibility across a federated model to support the University’s missions. She/he will continue the IT organization’s strong foundation for the future, executing on technology improvements that drive efficiency and provide the platform for transformation. The Global CIO will be strong at building stakeholder relations with faculty, administrators, students, and the IT community to deliver the services in a client-focused mindset. She/he will be a strong people leader to provide the vision, strategic alignment, and team leadership to guide the central IT organization toward best-in-class service delivery meeting the priorities and needs of the global users.
Desired Qualifications and Characteristics
The CIO role at NYU is a fantastic opportunity to lead IT strategy and execution, while providing team leadership working across a community of IT, for one of the largest and most impactful private universities in the United States. NYU is one of the leading research universities in the world with global reach and campuses and has IT at the foundation, with advanced high speed computing facilities, cloud services, and teaching and learning systems meeting the needs of colleges at the forefront of their specialties. It is a fast-paced institution looking for a strong CIO with vision and leadership for the future of IT.
The ideal CIO will bring the following professional experiences and personal qualities to the role:
- Experience working in a complex organization, ideally with a global footprint
- Technical understanding for guiding strategy, governance structures, program management, and service delivery
- Collaboration, stakeholder relationship building and engagement across faculty, researchers, administrators, students, and IT community
- Client-focus mindset with measurement of service quality to support missions of the University
- People leadership with alignment of team to vision, clear priorities, organizational definition, employee recruitment/retention/development, and team building
- Transformation and change management focused for efficient and effective results
- Strong soft skills including listening, consensus building, and transparent and frequent communications with faculty, staff, IT community, and students
- Emotionally intelligent, thoughtful, cares about others, looks at impact on others
- Diversity champion, able to build an inclusive, accessible, and welcoming community with diversity of thought
TO APPLY -Apply on-line at
Or send qualifications cover email and resume to