Marist College School of Science invites applications for the position of Laboratory Manager, which reports to the Dean of the School of Science. The candidate should possess a degree in a science-related field and have experience working in a science laboratory setting. Experience with laboratory regulations and best practices is desirable, as is experience of working in an academic setting. Candidates should be able to take initiative, be a creative problem-solver, have good communication skills, have excellent attention to detail and have the ability and perseverance to work with others to get issues resolved in a timely manner.
A Bachelor’s degree in a natural or physical science discipline and 3-5 years’ experience working in a science laboratory required.
- Processes orders for laboratory materials and compiles major pre-semester orders for Dean's approval. Receives, verifies and distributes incoming lab shipments, approves payments, maintains organized lab purchasing records, acts as liaison between the School of Science (SOS), the College Purchasing/Business Offices and vendors.
- Coordinates SOS student laboratory assistant employment and safety training for instructional and research activities. Prepares semester student labor cost projection for Dean's approval.
- Maintains inventory of SOS chemicals, equipment and instrumentation.
- Carries out routine maintenance on equipment and instrumentation. Arranges for maintenance and repair of larger, more technically complex equipment and instrumentation.
- Acts as a liaison with Mechanical Services, reports on HVAC, plumbing and other laboratory infrastructure problems.
- Arranges for disposal of hazardous waste, organizes relevant records/paperwork, maintains SOS Safety Data Sheet binders for SOS chemicals.
- Performs quarterly lab safety inspections with OSHA consultant, reports findings to Dean, implements corrective measures to stay in compliance, serves on SOS Safety Committee.
- Other duties as assigned.
A Master’s degree and experience working in an academic laboratory setting preferred.
Required Application Documents:
Cover Letter, Resume, & Three Professional References.
About the Department and School:
Marist College School of Science is one of seven academic schools at the college. It consists of five undergraduate departments (Athletic Training; Biology; Chemistry, Biochemistry & Physics, Environmental Science & Policy, and Medical Laboratory Sciences) and two graduate programs (Physician Assistant Studies, and Physical Therapy). The school places its emphasis on providing high-quality traditional and experiential learning experiences.
About Marist College:
Located on the banks of the historic Hudson River, on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan, and at its Florence, Italy campus, Marist College is a comprehensive, independent institution grounded in the liberal arts. Its mission is to “help students develop the intellect, character, and skills required for enlightened, ethical, and productive lives in the global community of the 21st century.” Marist is consistently recognized for excellence by The Princeton Review (Colleges That Create Futures and The Best 385 Colleges), U.S. News & World Report (10th Best Regional University/North, 5th Most Innovative School/North), Kiplinger’s Personal Finance (“Best College Values”), and others. The College is top-ranked for long-term study abroad (#4 in the U.S.) by the U.S. State Department’s Open Doors report. Marist educates more than 5,000 traditional-age undergraduate students and 1,400 adult and graduate students in 47 undergraduate majors and numerous graduate programs, including fully online MBA, MPA, MS, and MA degrees, and also Doctor of Physical Therapy and Physician Assistant programs. To learn more, please visit https://www.marist.edu/about
Equal Employment Statement:
Marist College is committed to creating a diverse workforce on our campus by ensuring that barriers to equal employment opportunity and upward mobility do not exist here. To this end, the College will strive to achieve the full and fair participation of minorities, women, people with disabilities, and any other protected groups found to be under-represented.
Equal opportunity means employment, development, and promotion of individuals without consideration of race, color, disability, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, or veteran status unless there is a bona fide occupational requirement which excludes persons in one of these protected groups. The College will review its employment policies and procedures to ensure that barriers which may unnecessarily exclude protected groups are identified and eliminated. The College will also explore alternative approaches if any policy or practice is found to have a negative impact on protected groups.
Marist's policy of non-discrimination includes not only employment practices but also extends to all services and programs provided by the College. It shall be considered a violation of College policy for any member of the community to discriminate against any individual or group with respect to employment or attendance at Marist College on the basis of race, color, disability, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other condition established by law.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Poughkeepsie
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Poughkeepsie
- Faculty Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Poughkeepsie
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Poughkeepsie