Financial Oversight Manager #605460
Oversees the coordination of monthly, quarterly, and annual budget reports and account reconciliations to ensure accuracy and completeness. Compares actual results with original financial forecasts to determine the effectiveness of new university programs. Develops and implements departmental policies and procedures to optimize the university’s fiscal oversight and meet all budgetary goals. Develops budgets and strategic plans to guide financial planning decisions for The W.A. Franke College of Business, which includes the Business Division, Hotel and Restaurant Management, and the Economic Policy Institute. This entails 15 state budgets, 47 local budgets, and 80 foundation accounts, which amounts to approximately $25 million annually.
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Manage all budget responsibilities including:
- Prepare monthly financial statements, utilize Status of Funds and Transaction Detail reports within Enterprise Reporting.
- Create ad hoc financial analysis, including review of progress toward financial goals and the ability to meet revenue and expense projections.
- Make recommendations based on current revenue and expenditure levels to ensure the department will meet financial goals.
- Manage colleges fiscal year end process.
- Work with Operations Manager to review Notice of Appointments for accuracy.
- Forecast and prepare operational and special budgets including entry into Anaplan, coordinate preparation of reports for departments.
- Manage foundation accounts and create reports to support Leadership in Strategic Initiatives.
- Advises staff on financial, technical and operational matters, instructs and orient new members of staff, faculty or administration.
- Interprets, implements, develops and/or recommends changes to rules, regulations, policies and procedures set forth by the university or outside governing agencies.
- Work with area coordinators to ensure visibility to budgets and foundation activity.
- Serve as the Service Delivery Team liaison on all purchase, expense reimbursement and travel requests. Review, code and approve all transactions.
- Review purchasing card transactions bi-monthly, ensure proper coding to match budget.
- Work closely with the Economic Policy Institute budget, and assure grants are tracked and funding is used appropriately.
- Oversee hiring process for student worker, partner with Service Delivery Team to facilitate hires.
- Initiate requests for needed personnel funding changes and position management, coordinate with Operations Manager to execute in PeopleSoft.
- Review all Ledger transactions monthly for accuracy.
- Identify all needed Inter-Departmental revenue, payroll and expense transfers. Create support, enter into PeopleSoft and approve.
- Coordinate annual Course Fee review process within the College.
- Oversee/Approve/Track student travel and ensure funding is being collected from other NAU departments (or foundation) if applicable.
- Review, approve and track exceptions to policy.
- Oversee, track and report on Faculty expenses for professional development.
- Manage deposits process and monthly reconciliations for departmental revenue and foundation.
- Oversee foundation check requests and ensure funds are managed and used appropriately, partner with Development Officers in these efforts.
- Maintain financial files and ensure retention policy is followed.
- Coordinate tracking of supplemental or PT Faculty with Operations Manager.
- Oversee catering expenses and ensure appropriate accounts or foundation funds are being used.
- Oversee college IT inventory process.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field AND 2-4 years of accounting/finance experience
- Master’s degree
- University budgeting experience
- Extensive experience with spreadsheet word processing, electronic messaging, and automated financial systems
Please see nau.jobs for full job descriptions and details on how to apply online! NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.