Director, Events #605459
- Effectively manage and supervise university events staff in a positive and productive manner. Responsible for hiring decisions, performance appraisals and assignment of projects to direct reports;
- Provide effective oversight and direction to all areas of the office ensuring deadlines are met, effective event programming with detail being adhered to and counsel to staff;
- Work with the President, Chief of Staff, VP University Advancement, University events staff, and other members of the campus community to collaboratively plan high quality events and functions;
- Works with either the Vice President of University Advancement or the Associate Vice President of Alumni Relations or other applicable positions to develop and achieve long-and short-range goals and strategic planning for appropriate areas;
- Oversight and responsibility for budgeting, reporting and development for the NAU university events office;
- Serves as onsite manager at select events to advise team and facilitate operations and respond to emergencies or problems; ensures all aspects of events are implemented and controlled according to plans;
- Review and approval of collateral material distributed to wide audiences. Draft responses on behalf of the President as directed;
- Triage and liaison with high-level external and internal constituents for event, programming and outreach efforts. Including information requests and general questions;
- Participate as member of designated committees as required;
- Represents the university in a professional manner as a point person on matters relating to events and in university and community meetings;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing, Business Administration, Public Relations, HRM or related field AND
- 5 years of event coordination, conference planning or related program experience AND
- 3 years of professional staff supervisory experience.
- Supervision of staff in a high pressure, confidential setting;
- Experience working on events in a higher education setting and with university administrators.
Please see nau.jobs for full job descriptions and details on how to apply online! NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.