Social Worker #605442
The Department of Social Work is seeking a Field Unit Social Worker in the Child Welfare Training Unit co-located with the Flagstaff DCS Office. This position provides ongoing case management to Department served by the NAU Child Welfare Training unit.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provides ongoing case management to DCS clients served by the NAU Child Welfare Training unit.
- Teaches, mentors, and supervises students in the Social Work/DCS scholarship program.
- Manages approximately 10 ongoing DCS cases and collaborates with/mentors students on the cases.
- Initiates and schedules home visits to children, parents, and foster parents; communicates with attorneys, law enforcement agencies, community partners, and other team members.
- Complies with all state statutes, DCS policies, and regional operating procedures concerning DCS cases, including timely documentation.
- Models best-practice approaches to students in client engagement, interviewing, assessment, and case planning.
- Applies social work theory, practice approaches, and knowledge of research to cases and communicates their application to students.
- Assists in the development and presentation of educational materials for students and other staff.
- Attends Child Welfare staff meetings and interagency meetings with DCS.
- Represents the NAU Child Welfare Training Project/Program in the community and at community events.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Social Work, AND two years' experience working in child protection. OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
- Master’s degree in Social Work from a CSWE-accredited program.
- 3-5 years experience as a Child Protective Services Specialist in Arizona.
- Experience in providing educational supervision of students.
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills
Please see nau.jobs for full job descriptions and details on how to apply online! NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.