Senior Research Administration Associate
The Senior Research Administration Associate provides pre-award and post-award support for the roughly 75 faculty members in Pediatric Emergency Medicine for extramural funding through research and service grants, cooperative agreements, subawards, and contracts. Manages the full award life cycle, from application to award to closeout. Serves as a source of expertise for federal, state, industry, and private foundation application and award policies. Develops, reviews and approves budgets and grant applications. Provides award financial management and reporting, and manages cost & effort allocations and effort reporting. This position supports pre- and post-award support for for Pediatric Emergency Medicine. The successful candidate must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and utilize critical thinking skills.
- Works directly with PEM faculty to prepare the budget and administrative sections of grant applications.
- Prepares applications in ASSIST, Workspace, and other federal and non-federal grant application portals.
- Manages expenses for all grant-funded activities by meeting with each PEM Section's Principal Investigator.
- In collaborations with PEM Section's Director of Research Operation, provides budget input and guidance to principal investigators when drafting budget justifications, create the budget spreadsheets to ensure accurate calculations, and complete grant-related budget forms for grant submission and reporting.
- Responsible for communicating with accounting, grants and contracts contacts, and collaborating institutions to ensure that subawards are executed in a timely manner, independent consultant agreements (ICAs) are established in a timely manner, questions regarding invoices are resolved appropriately, and grant accounts are closed out in a timely manner on an annual basis.
- Responsible for cost and effort allocations in SAP for research faculty, employees, and learners.
- Pre-reviews time and effort records for the Section(s) in the Effort Reporting System (ERS) prior and manages the record certification process.
- Reviews and reconcile financial activities on all grant accounts within Section(s) on a monthly basis and routinely meets with PI to ensure accuracy of activity posting to accounts.
- Maintains an updated list of grant accounts, number of awards, faculty effort on grants, number of submissions, or other statistics related to grant reporting as requested by leadership.
- Analyzes and enters forecast projections for all grant/contract accounts for Section(s) as part of the annual budget process.
- Follows up with the BCM Office of Grants and Contracts to ensure that required financial reports and carry-over requests are submitted to the funder prior to the deadline.
- Ensures that a WBS element is assigned to grants (first with a pending account, then with a final account) in a timely manner as soon as BCM receives a Notice of Grant Award, so that there are no delays in accessing grant funds.
- Approves grant-related payments in Concur by verifying requests relative to the submitted grant budget.
- Reconciles errors in accounting through completion of Journal Voucher requests or other means.
- Reads and interprets sponsor application guidelines and award policies.
- Budgets and grant application development across a variety of sponsor platforms.
- Responsible for the financial management of all grant accounts with the Section.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Experience in grant application development, budgeting, and/or grant financial management.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.