Medical Laboratory Technician
The Vannie E. Cook Jr. Children's Cancer and Hematology Clinic in McAllen, TX is seeking a part-time Medical Laboratory Technician with pediatric hematology lab experience.
- Performs high volume, routine tests in pediatric hematology including smear reviews and blood cell identification using validated methods and procedures.
- Processes send-outs in serology, hematology, chemistry, microbiology, histology, or cytology using validated methods and procedures.
- Prepares reagents and solutions following standard laboratory formulas and procedures.
- Collects/prepares specimens such as blood, urine, sputum, and other body fluids for analysis.
- Identifies problems with specimen processing and acceptability and/or instrumentation, troubleshoots and makes corrections by using preset strategies.
- Performs daily maintenance and quality control procedures required for specific tests and records results.
- Reports any abnormalities found in test procedures and results.
- Reports findings utilizing the Laboratory Information System (LIS) as well as verbally or in writing based on guidelines.
- Operates and performs preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Adheres to accreditation standards and guidelines.
- Associate degree in a related field. Two years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- No experience required.
- Pediatric hematology lab experience including smear review and blood cell identification.
- Medical Laboratory Technician Certification.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Pediatrics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston