Course Developer, Risk and Insurance Technology (multiple PT Hourly/Temp positions)
Rowan University Division of Global Learning and Partnerships is seeking a seasoned professional in the field of risk management and insurance technology to lead the development, implementation, launching, and teaching of a new program in partnership with Rowan College of South Jersey (RCSJ), BA in Risk and Insurance Technology.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Academic Innovation in Rowan Global Learning and Partnerships, this individual will be responsible for drafting curriculum for this program, including writing and finalizing the program’s white paper, working with constituents on the curriculum proposal, developing courses, and making any necessary program changes and revisions during the program proposal process. In addition, the course developer could potentially teach courses in the Risk and Insurance Technology program once it is launched. This position will also interact with Rowan College of South Jersey (RCSJ) and Rowan University constituents to plan for future cohorts in this program.
- Candidate must possess a master’s degree in an insurance-related industry, such as a master’s in insurance management, or an MBA
- Candidate must possess industry relevant certifications, including but not limited to: Series 1 and 63, CRISC, CRM, CRA, CRMP, and The Institutes certifications, including: AINS 21, AIC 30, 31, 32, and 43. Candidates must also have a strong working knowledge of the requirements industry-relevant certifications.
- 10 or more years working in a risk management and insurance-related industry, specifically in a leadership capacity.
- Strong familiarity and understanding of the “soft” skills (critical thinking, communication, emotional intelligence, leadership, diversity and inclusion, etc.) and “hard” skills (systems network management, technology management, etc.) required in risk and insurance-related fields.
- Strong understanding of current trends and labor market needs in risk and insurance-related industries.
- Strong writing and communication skills. Experience with academic writing and reporting highly preferred.
- Preference will be given to applicants with previous teaching experience at the college level, specifically online teaching experience, and experience with developing curriculum in the field of risk management and insurance, and favorable recommendations from references.
Salary commensurate with experience
The application must be submitted through our online application system.
To apply, submit a cover letter and a detailed resume including a statement of teaching interests and experience, and names/contact information of two references.
These positions are available for Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 Semesters.
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment. All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.
Rowan University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. For the complete Rowan University non-discrimination and affirmative action policy see: https://sites.rowan.edu/equity/_docs/policies/eeo-statement.pdf.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Glassboro
- Business & Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Glassboro
- Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Glassboro
- Other Business & Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Glassboro
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Glassboro