Coordinator, Orientation & Student Leadership Programs Professional Service Specialist 4
The Coordinator is a member of the Division of Student Life, and reports to the Director, Orientation & Student Leadership Programs. The Coordinator is responsible for the comprehensive and successful development, implementation, and innovative maintenance of leadership programs which impact students’ academic and personal achievement at Rowan, and is expected to provide overall support to make each program a success. In all activities, the Coordinator recognizes that experiential learning and service to students are top priorities.
The Coordinator is required to assist with emergencies that occur after normal business hours.
Essential Functions/Percentage of Time Spent on Each:
Leadership Rowan (95%)
- Provide comprehensive leadership for all Student Life student leadership programs.
- Supervise all systems and processes related to the University’s Greek organizations, including, but not limited to, organization recognition, governance councils, chapter advising, new/active membership education, Greek Affairs programming, campus/community partnerships, risk management, and serving as a liaison with national offices.
- Work cooperatively with Residential Learning staff to implement programming for students and staff within University Housing.
- Outreach to faculty and staff (including student group advisors) within the academic schools & colleges to promote collaborations around student leadership development.
- Supervise graduate coordinator(s) and assist in developing programs and services delivered by this staff.
- Manage Leadership Rowan’s leadership achievement tracking database (ProfLink) and validate students’ leadership activities for certification.
- Supervise student Leadership Mentors and assist in developing programs and services delivered by this staff.
- Oversee fiscal affairs of student leadership budget organization.
- Plan, schedule, and participate in Leadership Rowan advisory council and planning meetings.
- Update and revise departmental websites, social media accounts, and printed publications. Advise student leader organizations in the development of publications.
- Assist in tracking fraternity and sorority membership, events, and chapter records in ProfLink.
- Manage student leadership recognition/achievement programs.
- Serves as an advisor for all Greek governing boards and councils.
- Advise and support community service and leadership activities and programs.
- Develop and evaluate student learning outcomes.
- Continually expand leadership development, risk management, and community service initiatives.
- Organize and participate in risk-reduction education and programming.
- Coordinate Greek leadership retreats and workshops.
- Meet regularly with chapter advisors and maintain open communication with national/international leadership.
Other Functions (5%)
Perform other duties as required.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Required: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred: Master's Degree in counseling, educational administration, student development, student personnel services, or related field is required.
- One (1) year of professional experience.
- Must be able to work frequent nights and some weekends.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and conduct staff training and development, workshops, and/or student educational interventions.
- Demonstrated ability to combine data from multiple sources into manageable reports and documents; regularly perform mail merge and other data management and manipulation tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, plan, set goals & objectives, organize, follow through, and assess effectiveness is necessary.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Greek systems, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to maintain an appropriate level of professional and personal confidentiality.
- Ability to direct and supervise others, incorporate student development and/or leadership theories and technology in the selection, training, and evaluation of student employees.