Application Developer, Professional Service Specialist 3
The Application Developer position in the Rowan Online department in the Division of Strategic Enrollment Management is responsible for special web-based initiatives and development projects for Rowan Online. This position will specifically and comprehensively analyze, develop, and support various software for web systems. Some evening, weekend, and holiday work is to be expected.
Essential Position Responsibilities/Functions:
- Build plug-ins, modules, libraries, and themes on top of Drupal, WordPress, and other content management systems.
- Work closely with the development team to identify technical requirements for new projects and areas of ongoing maintenance for existing projects.
- Identify and investigate bugs and user experience (UX) glitches experienced by various end users.
- Assist other developers in testing and reviewing code updates prior to release.
- Utilize local and remote GIT repositories and assist in managing a repository management service.
- Work collaboratively on various projects with other application developers, instructional designers, client services, Rowan Online and University departments, and external vendors/service providers.
- Maintain details and documentation for projects in a project management system to monitor the ongoing development of Rowan Online initiatives.
- Provide one-on-one support to application end users.
- Manage several Rowan Online projects simultaneously.
- Maintain project documentation and training materials.
- Support for other, various Rowan Online projects and initiatives.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technology field or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of professional experience.
- Experience developing modules, themes, and/or libraries for the Drupal CMS and/or other content management systems.
- Experience using GIT and managing a repository management service such as GitLab.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming concepts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Extremely customer-service oriented.
- Able to work independently to solve problems with minimal supervision.
- Able to work with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Knowledge of web design concepts using HTML and CSS/Sass.
- Experience using the Canvas LMS (Learning Management System).
- Experience providing developer/programming services in a Higher Education environment.
- Proven ability to stay current with rapidly changing technologies.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Glassboro