Director of Strategic Partnerships for Experiential Education
Suffolk University is a private, urban university located in the heart of downtown Boston. Our college green is the Boston Common and we are steps from dozens of historic sites including the Old State House, Faneuil Hall, City Hall and the Massachusetts State House. We have no real boundaries to our campus—Boston and Suffolk blend together.
Suffolk has been committed to creating an exceptional learning experience since 1906. Our vision is to be recognized as a dynamic institution that fosters engaged learning, rigorous scholarship, innovative thinking, and community collaboration across disciplines. We will ensure that Suffolk graduates are versatile and prepared for modern society and the new world market. We will provide rich curricula, experiential learning opportunities and professional mentoring through increased collaboration with alumni and community partners. We will recruit, mentor, and support a diverse faculty of teacher-scholars who are passionately committed to preparing our students to be leaders in the global community. We will inspire investment in a Suffolk community that is built on ethical, forward-thinking leadership, teamwork, and cooperation.
We compete for the best talent. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse community. We are actively seeking applicants from groups that might be under-represented because of race/color, gender, religion, real or perceived disability, national origin or LGBTQ status. As part of our commitment we encourage you to complete the demographic portion of the application in addition to submitting your cover letter and resume/CV as it will assist us in targeting our recruitment efforts.Please note that Suffolk University conducts background checks as a condition of employment.
We are also committed to the well-being of our employees. Our terrific benefits package for benefits-eligible positions include, but are not limited to:
- Generous paid time-off programs and commitment to work-life balance
- Tuition free course benefits in the College of Arts and Sciences and in the Sawyer Business School for employees with additional tuition benefits for spouses, domestic partners, and children
- Top-notch well-being care available through Harvard Pilgrim Medical/Delta Dental and a Flexible Spending Account
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Employee Assistance Program that provides employees and their family members with initial assessment, referrals and short-term counseling for personal and work challenges
- Discounted home and auto insurance
- Plan, develop and execute short and long-range strategies for collaboration with industry, business, community and government which align with the School’s mission, vision and strategic initiatives, especially pertinent to building a vibrant strategic partnership network to enhance the School’s Experiential Education initiative.
- Maintain an accurate record of all the advisory board members at the school, department, center, and program levels in terms of their titles and contact info and track the purposes of each board. Collaborate with the Professional Faculty group at SBS to help identify new board members, project sponsors and internship providers by working with the department chairs, center directors and program directors. Partner with the Directors of International Engagement at SBS to keep track the engagement of multi-national companies. Attend key networking events to help identify new clients/partners and cultivate long-term relationships with the goal to broaden the School’s strategic partnership network.
- Track all the experiential course offerings at SBS such as capstone, client-based consulting, clinic, internship, and practicum each year, keep a record of project sponsors and/or participating parties, assess the quality of each course type, disseminate best practices, and conduct benchmarking studies and gather feedback to identify improvement areas. Monitor and analyze each type of course to develop more efficient procedures and processes. Facilitate relevant instructors to identify new clients/sponsors, projects and/or cases, as well as provide some coaching and mentoring. Develop and implement a strategic administrative infrastructure which incorporates contracting, risk management, intellectual property/legality and administrative and academic coordination for the client-based consulting projects.
- Establishes, cultivates and maintains effective working relationships with various internal and external constituencies such as the Center for Career Education and Professional Development, Advancement Office (in particular Alumni Relations and Corporate Relations and Sponsorships), and student organizations in the School in an effort to understand student interests and needs and identify more experiential learning opportunities in an effort to enhance educational experiences and outcomes.
- Prepare an annual report summarizing the status of the Strategic Partnership network, major activities and accomplishments, and future plans. Provide updates to the SBS faculty and staff periodically at faculty assemblies and annual retreat. Partner with the SBS Marketing and Communication Director to showcase the success stories and spotlights of experiential courses/projects and student teams for marketing and media outlets such as the School’s website, Dean’s newsletters, Dean’s Annual Report, AACSB accreditation report, and others. Collaborate with the Dean’s Office to plan, organize and host annual symposium on “Bridging the Gaps between Theory and Practice” and other events related to Experiential Education.
- Participate in brainstorming and planning sessions for new projects related to Experiential Education and Community Outreach initiated by the Dean’s Offices, as well as facilitate some of the implementation processes.
- Education: MBA degree is required.
- Professional experience: Over ten years of corporate experiences and over 5 years of higher-ed experiences.
- Administrative skills: Proficient with MS Office and quick learning ability to use various databases and IT systems at Suffolk.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Customer service: Contact with customers involves maintaining and developing relationships with major customers or key individuals, serving as the prinicipal representative responsible for promoting the full range of products and capabilities.
- Work environment: Interacting with multiple stakeholders both internally and externally. Work is broad in scope covering one or more complicated areas. Policy, procedure or precedent are typically created by this position. A high degree of analytic ability and inductive thinking is required to devise new, non-standard approaches to highly intricate, technically complex problems. Some travel may be required. Hybrid working modality and flexible working hours.
- Personal attributes: (1) Has existing relationships in the Boston market; (2) Enjoys networking and attending networking events; (3) Is comfortable working with senior leaders and executives; (4) Is able to ask for commitments, money (e.g. sponsorships) and deepen relationships; (5) Is process oriented; (6) Can communicate effectively with professors, the department chairs, the program directors, and deans; (7) the ability to work effectively with diverse groups and in highly complex situation; and (8) extensive knowledge about experiential learning and about managing client-based consulting projects.
- Hours of Work: up to 21 hours a week.
This position assumes the main responsibility for developing and managing a robust and vibrant strategic partnership network at SBS to support the School’s collaborations with industries, businesses, communities and governments in order to enhance the School’s expertise in Experiential Education. The position also plays an integral role in linking the School with multiple relevant offices on campus and all the strategic partners.
Suffolk University does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, genetic information, or status as a veteran in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs, activities, or employment. Suffolk University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff that reflect the broad range of human experience who contribute to the robust exchange of ideas on campus, and who are committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment. We strongly encourage applications from groups historically marginalized or underrepresented because of race/color, gender, religious creed, disability, national origin, veteran status or LGBTQ status. Suffolk University is especially interested in candidates who, through their training, service and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the University community.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Cooperative & Experiential Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston