Financial Aid Administrative Assistant
The Office of Financial Aid invites applications for an Administrative Assistant. Reporting to the Director of Financial Aid, the Office of Financial Aid Administrative Assistant is the primary point of contact to prospective student and families, currently enrolled students and families, Wofford faculty and staff and the public. The Administrative Assistant has primary responsibility for administration and support of specific functions of the Office of Financial Aid.
This is a full-time, non- exempt position located in the Office of Financial Aid. The normal work schedule is 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Contingent upon events or activities, occasional evenings and weekend hours will be expected. Minimal hours of work performance is 40 hours/week.
85% Office administrative functions and support.
- Maintains the office calendar and assists in making appointments with other staff members, as needed.
- Maintains the email@example.com email address and distributes emails to appropriate financial aid personnel.
- Processes mail by date stamping and distributing to the appropriate staff member
- Manages the secure document upload system.
- Responsible for the scanning and management of the electronic filing system.
- Directs students and families in finding and completing
federal, state, and institutional forms and general knowledge of
financial aid resources.
- Keep abreast, and maintain current and working general knowledge of FERPA rules and regulations as they relate to providing information to students and/or parents.
- Keep abreast, and maintain current and working knowledge of admission and financial aid processing, including federal, state, and institutional policies and procedures.
- Responds to requests for general information on financial aid and admission processing.
- Conducts an internal audit each semester to ensure aid packages and need are properly assessed.
10% Office equipment maintenance and operational support and supplies/inventory management.
- Coordinates routine orders and inventory of office supplies and equipment for the financial aid office.
- Primary support and point of contact for multifunction office machine.
5% Other duties as assigned.
- As a valued College community member and employee, perform College “service.” Serve on elected or appointed committees or participate or perform in projects or group assignments as delegated.
- Attend trainings or seminars to keep abreast current knowledge and skills related to financial aid and related, as required.
- Assists with various projects as needed, including mailings, electronic mailings, study abroad worksheets, deposit waivers, appeals, check requests, etc.
The Administrative Assistant will have two to three years of office experience with a strong preference for experience and working knowledge of financial aid in higher education. Demonstrated effective communication skills to provide comprehensive written correspondences, along with self-motivation to work independently, and effectively prioritizing workloads and collaborating with all Wofford constituents will be valuable in this role. An Associate’s Degree or higher and continued professional development is desired.
For assured consideration, please submit application to FAAdmAssist@wofford.edu no later than midnight, June 20, 2021. Application materials include:
- A letter of interest explaining how the candidate qualifies for the position
- A current resume
- A list of three professional references, including contact information
Wofford College values diversity within our students, faculty, and staff, and strives to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people. Wofford College does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy or childbirth or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation), sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and/or local laws.
It is the policy of Wofford College to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities for employment. If you require an accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please reach out to HumanResources@Wofford.edu.
COMPLIANCE WITH TITLE IX
In compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Wofford College does not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, student, or applicant for admission on the basis of sex. Policies and procedures for addressing complaints of discrimination and harassment can be found at www.wofford.edu/titleix. Reports can be made to the Title IX Coordinator at any time using the contact information below.
Internal Inquiry External Inquiry
Amanda Estabrook Office for Civil Rights (OCR)
Title IX and ADA Coordinator U.S. Department of Education
429 N Church St. 400 Maryland Avenue, SW
Campus Life Building, Office 6 Washington, D.C. 20202-1100
Spartanburg, SC 29303 (800) 421-3481
Apply for Financial Aid Administrative Assistant
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Spartanburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Spartanburg
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Spartanburg
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Spartanburg
- Financial Aid Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Spartanburg