Each year, thousands of students and families visit The Citadel. Reporting directly to the Office of Admissions, The Cadet Ambassador Program offers current Citadel Cadets an opportunity to represent and promote The Citadel to those prospective cadets, families, school groups, and other visitors and dignitaries. The cadet will be able to inform visitors about cadet life, history, tradition, and achievements of The Citadel. The cadet will be able to share his/her experiences at The Citadel during the visit our.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- To represent The Citadel and the Corps of Cadets to prospective cadets and families, and others
- Daily campus tours (Monday – Friday, and some weekends)
- Meet and greet prospective students, families, and other visitors
- Provide assistance with Pre-Knob overnight and Discover The Citadel
- Provide administrative assistance in the office
- Other duties as assigned
- Attend training sessions and other meetings
- Must be a Sophomore, Junior, or Senior Cadet
- Must be conduct proficient and not have a record of habitual conduct deficiency
- Must be able to give tours at the standard tour times of 1100 and 1430 hours. Some non-standard tour times may be required.
- Available for occasional weekend tours
- Holding cadet rank is preferred, but not required
- Involvement in Toastmasters (or other cadet activity which requires frequent public speaking) is preferred, but not required.
- Cadets in this position who earn a Class I offense will be terminated. In some cases, a Class II offense can result in removal.
- Cadets whose cumulative GPA drops below 3.0 can be terminated as well.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have a strong desire to promote The Citadel and the Corps of Cadets to external constituencies
- Excellent communication skills in one on one and group setting
- Good knowledge of The Citadel in general and extensive knowledge of the cadet lifestyle
- Ability and desire to work with diverse groups
- Must be outgoing and enthusiastic
- Must be able to display extreme professionalism when representing The Citadel.
- Must maintain a superior public appearance at all times
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
Advertised: Jun 02 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Charleston